Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not a Ferrari fan...infact i dislike the hype that surrounds Ferrari and believe their products are overrated...

but that sh*t is hot :lol:
With that being said...I'd trade in my legend for it in a heartbeat. I like it most definitely.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ah, the new one with the hardtop convert.

Hot ass car, but I'm a huge Ferrari fan. Not my favorite of all time, I've been a bigger fan of other styles opposed to the Maranello styling, but that is a nice car.

They almost called this new model a Dino too. That would have been cool.
you know. sometimes ferrari just gets lazy with the styles. i seen ferraris that look too plain, like a regular car, but ofcourse the ferrari symbol will tell everyone that its not a regular car.
the modena 360 looks way hotter then the maranello, but the maranello has more horsepower and perform better, but its not as pretty as the modena.

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
I think what sent it into the cool zone for me was "California" and the "spyder"

and then the small details that hint back at my favorite Ferrari of all time...and probably the only ferrari i'd spend any money on...The 250GT

(i'd buy the kit car before i paid a million dollars for a real GT though :rofl: )

Look at the taillights on the new California and the old GT, then the hood scoop, the grill... All those little details made that car pretty hot to me :lol:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I absolutely love the 250GT but this thing is nowhere close to capturing the original roadster's legacy. As robriguez said, it looks like something Pontiac would come up with. From the looks of it, it seems that Ferrari may be market it to compete with the boxter; I would'nt pay over a $100K for it. I bet someone will come up with a kit to convert the Solstice to a California replica, as soon as this thing comes out.

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
I absolutely love the 250GT but this thing is nowhere close to capturing the original roadster's legacy. As robriguez said, it looks like something Pontiac would come up with. From the looks of it, it seems that Ferrari may be market it to compete with the boxter; I would'nt pay over a $100K for it. I bet someone will come up with a kit to convert the Solstice to a California replica, as soon as this thing comes out.
I think you're confused dude, Ferrari wasn't trying to redo it. I'm sure if they were, they'd have gone a bit farther than the California. But what they did do was incorporate some of the memorable parts of the car, and incorporate it into the current Ferrari Design portfolio. All ferraris look the same during a given era...can't have one just looking retro and goofy in the line up. they've got to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The Ferrari California is a symbolic car; I just expected something more inspired by the original expecially since the same name is being used. Sure it has design cues of the original but just not enough. The original had long slender lines, this one looks too stubby like a econo-roadster. I'm no Giorgetto Giugiaro but I think the Ferrari portfolio is showing signs of age. In my opinion, it would have been better if the new design was more inpired by the classic and stood apart from Ferrari's recent offerings as a transition to a new wave of Ferrari designs. You can say the transition has already begun, with the 612 Scaglietti departing from the Ferrari designs of the past few years. You don't necessarily have to go retro to pay homage to a classic; just need to capture the spirit of the original, which this design fails to do, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
believe it or not, I drove a Testarossa for about 45 minutes, thru the city and on the highway. It is quite a big wide car, and it was an experience of a lifetime. Much better than a 911 turbo, but that was pretty sweet too.

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
<==Daytona fan :D 365GT/S FTW

At first glance I did not like the California (short wheelbase anyone?) but it grew on me within seconds. That thing is pretty damn sweet, it's almost like the Miata of Ferraris. :D

Edit: It was still growing on me until I read that it will not be a screamer (focus on low-end) and there WILL BE NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION OPTION. It's a touring car. Would be so much cooler as a true sports car... :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.