Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share a few things that I've noticed to see if other owners are experiencing the same thing:

* Auto Door unlock - I set up through the MID display for all of the doors to unlock when shifting the tranny to "Park". 99% of the time it works fine. But every once in while when I shift to Park, the doors stay locked. Obviously it's no big deal to just flip the master unlock switch on the door. But just curious why this occurs. Also, when approaching the locked car from the outside, I often need to grab the door handle twice for the car to unlock. The first time I grab it nothing happens. I let go and grab it again and it unlocks. I usually have the transmitter in my pocket and always make sure its close to the car. Just wondering if there is a sensitivity to the transmitter. Battery is only 2 weeks old

These are just minor inconveniences:
* XM Radio - XM channel occasionally defaults to XM preview 001 when turning back on, rather than the last channel I was listening to when I exited the car. This could be related to a loss of the XM signal, but not sure
* Climate Control - I don't like the way the A/C always comes on by default when I turn the Climate Control on after turning it all the way off. Again, it's no big deal to turn it back off. Guess I'm just used to taking extra steps to turn the A/C on, than off, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have noticed too that the door touch unlock is a little bit tricky. Sometimes you just have to give it a second to recognize you and then it allows you to open. Also, if your key is in your right pocket and you are standing away to the right of the door it might not pick up the fob until you move closer. These things I have observed.

I went to a Q&A at my dealer last night and they also mentioned the "feature" that if you open and lock repeatedly (maybe 10? times in a row), the RL is programmed to lock for 30? minutes. Have not tried this yet :confused: .

On the plus side, I have tried the door in the cold with gloved hands and it worked just fine! This plus the always-available trunk unlock make this a must-have feature for any luxury car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I totally agree that keyless access should be a feature on every luxury car. Hell, it should be a feature on every car. I love it.

I havent notcied the issue with the door not unlocking when touching the inside of the handle...but I only picked it up yesterday so not like I have much time with it:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other

one more:
The CD track list occasionally does not work. I notice this usually when I am switching audio modes. I start on CD and am able to view the track listing. Then I switch to XM, or AM/FM for a while. When I come back to CD and select the track listing, it is empty. If I change discs, than come back to orginal CD, the track listing re-appears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nav Traffic Stopped Working

I've had my RL about 2 weeks and everything was working fine until two nights ago when the XM nav traffic icons ceased to be displayed. I checked the that the icons were turned on and called XM to refresh my radio twice, to no avail. Anyone else had this problem? My dealer hasn't encountered it yet...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Other quirks

I found a quirk with the Acura Link. I have a Sony Ericsson T7637 GPRS phone that works well with the build in voice. However I can not get the Acura Link to work for transmission of data to Acura. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
RL OWNER said:
I've had my RL about 2 weeks and everything was working fine until two nights ago when the XM nav traffic icons ceased to be displayed. I checked the that the icons were turned on and called XM to refresh my radio twice, to no avail. Anyone else had this problem? My dealer hasn't encountered it yet...
Yes I had the same issue. Dealer had to order and replace entire XM unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rinse_Out said:
Auto Door unlock - I set up through the MID display for all of the doors to unlock when shifting the tranny to "Park". 99% of the time it works fine. But every once in while when I shift to Park, the doors stay locked.
I figured this one out. If I turn the ignition off BEFORE putting the tranny in park, the doors will not unlock. This appears to be a safety feature which seems logical to me. Chalk it up to user error ;)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Rinse_Out said:
I figured this one out. If I turn the ignition off BEFORE putting the tranny in park, the doors will not unlock. This appears to be a safety feature which seems logical to me. Chalk it up to user error ;)
You know what, I'm going to try that with my Lexus and see if the same thing happends. I'll let you know if other manufacturers also so this as a safety feature. It does sound logical.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Valet Parking

If one uses the valet procedure and locks the glove box and rear pass thru then puts the key in one's pocket, the valet driver takes the remote to park the vehicle but there is not a place for the remote to be hung up on the valet's key board. Did acura mess this up or am I missing something ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.