Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i've been looking for another Legend for a while now and didn't really have any luck. I picked up one a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't have a title (as many of you may know, I parted it out and got rid of the carcass and doors last week.

Anyways, so I was browsing craigslist today, and came across an ad that had been put up 10 minutes before i read it. It was a 1994 Legend GS Black/Tan with very new tires and a STACK of service records for only 1500$. Needless to say, I had my brother call the woman right up (I was in class) and he bought it within the hour.

The only problem it has is that it needs a head gasket, which my mechanic is already working on :). It has the normal rust around the wheel wells on the back...and It also needs a rear passenger door, which kind of sucks since i just gave up the carcass of my last legend with the engine (248k) and all four doors in great shape for only 250$. Its okay though, I called the guy and hes going to sell the door back to me for 50$, haha. I'm also thinking about putting my black leather seats in it along with my door panels, but I'm hesitant because the rest of the interior is tan. It also needs a steering wheel (just because its ugly) and i'm planning on putting a couple of 8 inch JL's in a box + an amp from my old legend, as well as a Viper remote start system and possibly tint...A sunroof visor would be nice too, and one of the tails is slightly cracked.

Its got 160k miles, New tires, New timing belt/water pump in 10k miles ago, and a stack of service records that add up to about 4,000$. It also passed VA Safety and Emissions inspections in January which saves me 56$ (lol)...I'm going to go ahead and change the door and the head gasket, (and I'm going to put a regular sedan shifter on it since I hate that one) but I was wondering what else I should have done while my mechanic is working on it? Tune up? Spark plugs? etc?

(Please PM me with a price including shipping or if you would like to trade for any of my parts, (see sig) if you have any of the parts i mentioned above: Sunroof Visor (outside one), Steering wheel, etc.)

What would you all do on a car like this? Whats a decent price for getting the wheel well rust fixed?
(sorry for the crappy pics, but these are the ones from the original CL ad..He didnt bother to take a picture of the damage!!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
83 Posts
dude you just encouraged me to want to buy a 93 sedan blk/blk that is for sale near the house for $750 the seller says it over-heats and as far as he knows it neds HG replaced or a new enginge

howmuch is your mechanic doing the job for??

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude you just encouraged me to want to buy a 93 sedan blk/blk that is for sale near the house for $750 the seller says it over-heats and as far as he knows it neds HG replaced or a new enginge

howmuch is your mechanic doing the job for??
Thats not a bad price, (depending on condition and mileage) my mechanic said 800-1000 depending on if i have to have the heads re-machined..

Thats probably worth it since its black on black, even if you end up parting it out (i made around 1800 parting my last one out, still have the seats and a bunch of other parts)

·
has left.
4,520 Posts
While the heads are off?

New valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals
New valve seals
I'd imagine the TB & WP can be reused
Were the accessory belts replaced?
New belt tensioner (s?)
New cooling system hoses (and thermostat too)
Clean EGR
New plugs, Genuine Honda fluids and filters of your preference

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats not a bad price, (depending on condition and mileage) my mechanic said 800-1000 depending on if i have to have the heads re-machined..

Thats probably worth it since its black on black, even if you end up parting it out (i made around 1800 parting my last one out, still have the seats and a bunch of other parts)
according to the seller it has near 88k miles
the bad is that its got a BHG (so it over-heats) and the windshield is cracked

i've always wanted a black on black, i found it now, but i dont know anyone that will do the work thats what holds me back but like you said its worth it even if i end up parting it out!!:thumbsup:

here are some pics of the car

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
according to the seller it has near 88k miles
the bad is that its got a BHG (so it over-heats) and the windshield is cracked

i've always wanted a black on black, i found it now, but i dont know anyone that will do the work thats what holds me back but like you said its worth it even if i end up parting it out!!:thumbsup:

here are some pics of the car

R u sure its a 93? Those looks like 94-95 wheels to me. Could be a 93 with new wheels, but idk.

·
Registered
83 Posts
R u sure its a 93? Those looks like 94-95 wheels to me. Could be a 93 with new wheels, but idk.[/QUOTE]

i had previously asked him if it was a 93, but i never pointed out the rims.
my best guess is what you said "a 93 with 94-95 wheels"

·
has left.
4,520 Posts
93s came w/ the 16-spokes like that...

What's the rear trunk lid look like? On a 93, it should say Legend in the top right corner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.