Acura Legend Forum banner

Finally got a SCREEN!!! PICS inside!

4K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Triton3K 
#1 ·
Well here it is installed it over the weekend, so far I love it im sure everyone has read about it Kenwood DNX7100 got it for around 800. Looks great and works wonderful. What do you think?

Here I took an old acura headunit and cut the face out to cover up my screen if im parked somewhere for alittle extra security.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #8 ·
-The screen is very nice, granted its the first screen I have owned in a car but the quality is good and everyone else seems to think I did alot of research before I choice this model.

-The Honda tape deck humm I bought that radio off ebay last week for 12 dollars shipped lol.

-The install kit, well the front trim is off the Metra kit that is the only part of the kit I used.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
-I am also used to a volume knob and im constantly reaching for it, but im actually really happy with the volume control it is really fast goes up and down in fast increments which was my concern. Also I have it connected to the steering controls and that works great too.

-The screen slides open like this basically, and so my bezel doesntt get in the way it did a few time while i was lining it up but i eventually found a good spot.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
And what you said you "cut the face" of the stock head unit do you mean that you literally cut it out (no longer operational) or just removed face (still operational if you decide to put it back) .
The decoy deck was broken to begin with but if you had an old working deck that you didnt want to break I would suggest buying a cheap broken one first. Got one for 12 shipped on ebay

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Same question here. How did you get yours to sit so far back into the console and be so flush. I have an eclipse unit and it sticks out a bit further.
not sure the dimensions of your deck but with this one I could actually push it back further if i wanted, it was just a matter of where i mounted the cage that the deck slides into. There is alot of room back there ,chances are if you had it installed at some shop they just did it by the book so its gonna be mounted to far out.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I used the SWI jack to regain my steering wheel controls, look it up there are many options of SWI to fit the needs of all stereos and cars. Its basically a device that you program to control what ever three functions you want your three buttons on your steering wheel to do. I kept mine as volume up , down and seek, but you can do whatever you want.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
SWEEETTT!!!! :thumbsup: looks oem, what did you get your knob from? looks like you have wheelskins too.:2cool:
Yes wheelskins I love that steering wheel cover its amazing. The knob I got years about on ebay from a rsx i believe, custom fit though.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
This swi jack is it universial?? Like will it work with a jensen?
There are several different models of "SWI" products , the swi jack will directly connect to a handful of stereos and if not you will need to try out other SWI options. This is the second time I have used a SWI. The previous one i used was called SWI-X because my panasonic did not have an input for steering wheel adapter, the way the SWI -X works was it hooked up to your car the same but it had an inferred led that you had to mount pointing at your stereo and you would program your steering wheel buttons to perform certain functions that the remote would do that was included with your stereo. Works pretty well but sometimes inconvient when something was in the way of the line of sight, this all depends on where you mount it. I mounted mine hidden down by the e-brake pointing up at the stereo. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.