Acura Legend Forum banner

Finally got a SCREEN!!! PICS inside!

4K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Triton3K 
#1 ·
Well here it is installed it over the weekend, so far I love it im sure everyone has read about it Kenwood DNX7100 got it for around 800. Looks great and works wonderful. What do you think?

Here I took an old acura headunit and cut the face out to cover up my screen if im parked somewhere for alittle extra security.

See less See more
#2 ·
love the fake head-unit idea, saw that posted a while back.
How is the screen? I'm in the market for a 7inch (not 6.5) touch screen with nav, but preferably Harddrive nav, or at least a separate slot for the nav dvd

#5 ·
Damn nice job and you did an excellent job on the faux radio :)

#8 ·
-The screen is very nice, granted its the first screen I have owned in a car but the quality is good and everyone else seems to think I did alot of research before I choice this model.

-The Honda tape deck humm I bought that radio off ebay last week for 12 dollars shipped lol.

-The install kit, well the front trim is off the Metra kit that is the only part of the kit I used.

#10 ·
-The screen is very nice, granted its the first screen ...

-The install kit, well the front trim is off the Metra kit that is the only part of the kit I used.
Roger, question: does your screen flip out starting from the bottom or from the top? is the trim ever be pushed when the screen flip up?

b/c I have a Pioneer avic z1, it also comes with the black plastic trim but every time I eject the screen, the screen pushes the trim loose.

Thanks,

#13 ·
-I am also used to a volume knob and im constantly reaching for it, but im actually really happy with the volume control it is really fast goes up and down in fast increments which was my concern. Also I have it connected to the steering controls and that works great too.

-The screen slides open like this basically, and so my bezel doesntt get in the way it did a few time while i was lining it up but i eventually found a good spot.

#17 ·
very nice install, I like the shifter, and lovin the decoy...i was sittin here sayin I don't want a double din screen because it'll attract thieves where I live and then BAMMMM!!! Decoy bitches...lol.

#26 ·
Nice work, Roger!!! Yes, the Kenwood fits better (deeper) than my Alpine IVA-W200. The Alpine can't be that flush by any method short of taking a sledgehammer to the back ... but that seems to compromise the audio quality a bit ... like to ZERO :giggle:

Congrats on moving to NC as well. Chapel Hill was my old stompin ground ... Asheville is my future resting spot, but still a way off.

#31 ·
very nice Roger...I have the Kenwood DDX6019 and love it! I cant believe the fake h/u cover came out so nice, I'm all over that.

Bandoni knows - I'm currently using a "JDM" pillow....that's right, when I park, I just put a pillow over my H/U. Sure I guess people know SOMETHING'S behind it, but they just dont know what! lol - yes it's a temporary fix :)

and I didnt know you could hook up the steering wheel controls...little more info please? and I'm so jealous that you can change the wallpaper to that Acura logo...I dont think I have that option

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.