Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Roger said:
i finally got my intake from weapon r after over a month of waiting , but what is this and where do i install it??
looks like the mounting brackets for the intake and the breather. once you install the intake, you'll notice that one of the hoses is not connected. that the hose out and put the breather where the hose used to be.
check out pics of DV8's and dmenn's setup. they both have breathers.

-j

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is a breather filter used where the biggest pipe goes from the intake to the block (meaning the biggest black pipe out of the 3 you had to install). However, the little inlet for the breather is MUCH to small for our pipe to fit on properly so you really can't use it, even thought we don't need it as our intake has the pipe for that anyways. I know it looks cool, but k&N has one that fits onto the pipe if you want one that will work and I think if you look at DV8's engine bay pictures you will see it right where the black pipe comes out from.

Hope this helps or did I confuse you more.
Good Luck,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can anyone tell/show me where those mounting brackets go. I've had my intake for a month now and have no idea where those brackets go. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can mount it without the brackets... Just wrap the tip of the little breather filter with black electrical tape VERY tightly. Put alot on there and see if it fits REALLY tight. Mine has been in there a year or more and never come off...

I tried mounting it wil the bracket alone; it fell off after about 3 months. No idea why, but I started hearing a strange sound and it was the breather tube with no filter!

No biggy, and the Weapon-R one looks really cool!

-Sh0ck3d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts