Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup yall!

I have a '92 LS sedan that almost looks stock, ive been serching for cosmetic and performance mods since before i even bought the car, and i think i finally buckled down on what i want. So i thought id run it by you guys before i start into it.

Here's the list:
- Remus Muffler (of course)
- Custom CAI
- Eibach Pro Kit
- Custom Tower bars
- Eribuni Body Front and rear Spoiler and side skirts
- Andy's Autosport Rear Kit
- JDM one piece Head light assembly
- Katskin two tone Lether Kit
- *Stock Legend GS 5 Spoke Wheels*

* If any one knows where i can find some 16" 5-spoke stock GS Rims I'd appreciate the advice.

Also if anyone has any comments or suggestions, any input is appreciated.

P.S. I herd yesterday that the reason for the end of the true Legend Name was because the Name "Legend" was getting more recognition then the name "Acura". In other words: When an Acura drove by the average person would think Legend instead of thinking Acura. Kinda tight huh just goes to show how powerful our car really is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like a good plan except for the GS rims. A 16" rim won't do all those mods justice. I would get at least 17's if not 18's if you're really planning on the bodykit etc...Hope I didn't offend, just my opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i agree with kens about the gs rims with body kit. just doesn't seem to fit. also look into the koni shocks with your eibachs

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Feels

I feel You both

I have been looking for a nice set of aftermarket 17's or 18's but i cant find anything that is classier and at the same time sportier then the 16" gs type wheels, i wish acura made them in larger sizes but they don't.

I was planning of getting the 18" Raching Hart C5 evolutions but they discontinued them last year and now i'm left with nothing. Also there's no wheel out there that can stand up to the harsh San Francican conditions like the factory Acura rims.
I'm tires of denting my rims because of Willy Browns Lack of normal city maintenance. (If your from Frisco you feel me!)

Thanks for the suggestions and fo-sho no offence taken.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds good but

You may want to consider getting some Koni Shocks to go with the Eibach Pro kit.. The shocks are adjustable (in height) and are made to work with Lowering springs.. Oem shocks are not.. You will get a much better ride with the koni/Eibach setup as oposed to a OEM/Eibach setup. I have experimented with both setups and if ride quality is importat to you, you should get koni's.. Your OEM shocks will wear out pretty quickly as well if you use them with lowering springs..

They run anywhere from 410 to upwards of 550 a set depending on where you get them.. Cheapest would be to have a mechanic, body shop, tint shop, car air freshener shop, any business dealing with cars get them for you from www. shox.com They will wholesale to any business that deals with cars

·
Registered
54 Posts
Acurate420 said:
Slackerz, what knda grill is that, what type of materialsdid you use? thanks.
It's cheap gutter guard material from home depot that alot of people use. I used the ones with slightly larger diamond shaped holes. About 1/4 inch as opposed to the 1/8 inch ones.

And I feel ya Bo Ku on those SF streets. Berkeley too! The only thing keeping me from puttin on the 18 inch rims. Everytime they fix one hole, two others pop up. Can't wait to go back to L.A. I love LA!

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
why not get the SSR's in 18"
Dave C says those are really strong.

Also, Enkei makes a strong a$$ wheel too...
But, honestly, GS rims and a kit = :rolleyes: IMHO

Just do some research...I can tell you of many websites to choose from.

And as everyone else said..yes, definitely get the Koni's.
You will need them because your Eibachs will be higher in the front than the rear

Good luck..and welcome over!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually bought the Koni's last month and a couple other parts but I wanna put everything on at the same time(just a thing i like to do to surprise my friends,... Makes me look like more of a baller... J/K)

thanks for the good advice

Also i really need those GS wheels so if anyone has some for a good price let me know!!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
there are plenty of "hammer" rims out in the market thats what the GS rims are patterned to be.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
As far as the rims are concerned, take a look at the Racing Hart M5, they replace the C5's but look alittle more aggressive, and also the Konig tantrums which I had on my 93 sedan and look really good on legends and are strong as hell. I've driven through some real nasty streets out here in NYC and the Tantrums were able to hold like they were made for those types of streets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts