Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first legend, Cobalt Blue 91LS sedan, is now gone. It was a sad day when the people came and picked it up. I sold it for $10 500 CDN. The people who bought it did not even test drive it.... they were an older couple looking for a reliable second vehicle. They looked at it on Thursday, said they wanted to inspect it on Friday, and then phoned me Friday and said "I think we are just going to buy the car" They came by with a certified cheque, and that was it. They just took my word for it that it was a reliable car.

I really loved that car. That was the car I first had when I came to these forums back in May of last year. It had alot of problems, but I Probably would not know half the things about cars in general if it did not peice out on me....... Diagnosing and fixing the head gasket was the worst of it.

I had to look at that car in my driveway for two months everyday until I sold it..... I still wish I had it because it rides so much nicer than my 93 coupe does. It kinda floated down the highway.... cornered so much better..... the color of it was awesome..... new tires..... timing belt..... brakes..... transmission rebuilt....New leather interior....... Bose system and CD changer.....I washed the thing like once a day no joke. The inside was always cleaned at zeibart, rust protectant and the full nine yards....:(

I was very sad to see it go.... I know now that it is going to a good home and that it is now some punk ass kid who is going to drive the snot out of it and run it to a premature death.

Sorry for the long post...... just wishing I had my first legend back again, as it was really my first really nice ride.... lotsa compliments and turned heads.;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah, it is a sad day. I do understand. Hell, I cried a tear or two when I put my car on the mobile transport truck to be shipped to California from Baltimore. My girl was laughing at me but I think all of you understand :( . Just hope those old folks live a long time and don't have the chance to give it to some snot nosed kid to mess up. Old timers are pretty fiesty nowadays :D .

G

·
Handles better than your 93' Coupe?!?! Do you say that because you had redone the suspension on the Sedan or something? Stock for stock, the coupe handles better than the sedan.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Hey stop dissin my Sedan SpeedDemon :p

I haven't tested a coupe yet, I did get to sit in a TypeI 92 5-speed on Thursday @ a dealer though. Not bad, still plenty of room in the back, I liked the angled switches near the arm rest, touch of sportyness. Sexy from the front, I would DEFINATELY, clear out the yellow on the rear lights if possible, and make it a solid white/red line. I think that's the only thing that took away from its' appearance. I like the longer corner lights most of all in the front =)

How much more does a TypeII GS Sedan weight from a 94-95 Coupe?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Handles better than your 93' Coupe?!?! Do you say that because you had redone the suspension on the Sedan or something? Stock for stock, the coupe handles better than the sedan.
Well...... both cars being stock..... I can honestly say that when I drove the sedan, it seemed to ride smoother than my coupe does right now.

I know the tires on my coupe are kinda crappy, mabe 40 % tread left, but it also does not drive straight. It veers to the left a bit. I am going to say that it is my tires, but I cannot be sure..... at least I am hoping it is the tires because the thing cannot handle road seems and small bumps. The car wants to drive off on its own everytime it hits a small road seem or something.:rolleyes: :confused:.

Of course I would like to say the coupe handles better, but the tires on my sedan were brand new last year, and the alignment was also done at that time, so maybe I should give my coupe a chance....

G

·
I had this guy in an accord trying to keep up with me today driving on a windy street, and he just couldn't figure it out why he was sliding out around the turns and I was just gripping and rippin through 'em. I love the way my 94 coupe handles with it's koni/eibach setup. I can't imagine anything beating it except for some H&R springs instead but if that were the case then I would have to worry about clearance to much.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Fellas,
I think "nicer ride" and "better handling" are two totally different things. I am there with you McKenzie93 on the nicer ride of the sedans versus the coupes. Example......The Lincoln Town Car has a "nicer ride" but the Porsche 911 handles better. Not saying that the difference between the Coupes and Sedans nice ride is as different as night and day, but the Coupes were built to be sportier therefore better handling. The sedans were built more so for comfort, therefore nicer, smoother ride.

Ghost

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ghost said:
Fellas,
I think "nicer ride" and "better handling" are two totally different things. I am there with you McKenzie93 on the nicer ride of the sedans versus the coupes. Example......The Lincoln Town Car has a "nicer ride" but the Porsche 911 handles better. Not saying that the difference between the Coupes and Sedans nice ride is as different as night and day, but the Coupes were built to be sportier therefore better handling. The sedans were built more so for comfort, therefore nicer, smoother ride.

Ghost
The more I think about it, the more I agree.... I am thinking that my tires are crappy and the front ones defenitaly need to be rotated to the back. I also had a sound barrier/ rust protectant on my sedan and that made it a bit quiter, but the coupe is also pretty quite. Maybe I will do a tire rotation tomorrow and get an alignment if that does not work for me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.