Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Looks nice!

the offset seems a bit low though, aren't they +40mm

Also you need to drop that coupe, that wheel gap is huge, I guess the wheel gaps on the coupe IS much larger than the sedan, cuz when I put in 17 on stock suspension, there isn't a big wheel gap at all.

·
Registered
629 Posts
soooo right, it can't be wrong!! +40 on the offset , taking those tantrums to the edge. I hear ya on the potholes. The potholes and streets in D.C are a joke. I've all but thrown the idea of lowering out the window.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The tantrums are nice! I've got 17" Konig Rated R's on mine. Not many pot holes here in Vancity...even though, don't think that I'll be droppin my car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have 17" Konig Tantrums and they are +40 offset. My car is lowered a little over 2" and I've hit some nasty potholes and they've come out just fine. I have 45 series tires on my car with air pressures hovering around 40psi.

The only thing I had to do was remove some of the fender liner towards the inside of the fender to get rid of the rubbing. After that, I had no problems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pot holes aren't really an issue with lowering unless you've got a low body kit. Your ride could really use some lowering springs just
to finish it off. Other than that sweet ride, I like the the color and the finish on your paint looks great. And of course Tantrums are my favorite rims.

G

·
I agree, lower it. But unlike what someone said before, don't just add some lower springs. If you are gonna do springs then do it right and do the shocks and then while your at it do the camber kits because you will thanking yourself that you don't have to buy new tires every 2 months. In the end it will end up costing you like $1000 to get all the parts and have them installed and get your car aligned to lower it. I just went through all of this, except I did install myself.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might lower it sometime down the line. My Ultimate plan right now (years down the road) is after I move out of my parents house and the coupe is paid off and I have money to spare the coupe will be retired to sunny days only and I will buy a GS Sedan for everyday use and that way the coupe can be in the shop all the time for mods if necessary. :D For right now, though, the coupe is my baby!!!!

PS: Hopefully someday I can make this plan a reality.

Today when I came home from work my mom was like: Wow when you left this morning and I was upstairs, you car was shining like crazy and the sun hit it in just the right angle. My mom is just as nuts about Legends as I am but she just wont admit it. :)

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know this might hit like a ton of bricks, but I have never been to a meet. :eek: I have been working seven days a week since December (2 jobs). I am thinking of quitting the Sunday/Monday job and just getting more hrs at the other one (in the works). So if anyone wants to schedule a meet in Washington for a Sunday this summer I might be able to be there (maybe the folks too).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts