Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i just finished the indiglo guage install, it went pretty well the good news is all my needles still work i was very worried abou that and at many points thought i was gonna break them during the install.

The only thing that dident go so well was painting the silver rings i should of hand painted them like others had done but i tryed to mask off around the rings and it dident come out that even, i had some over spray so i tryed using a very low strengh paint thinner and it was working but i rubbed some areas to much and the stock bazel started to dull. You can sorta tell in the pics but i need to do somthing about it. Here are my options

1.) I was thinking about buying a CF bazel which would cover up the mistakes i made but i was still have the appearence of the silver rings cause the CF bazel dosent go down all the way in the circles. Like the pic below

2) i could just paint the stock bazel all black like stock and forget the rings

3) i could paint the whole bazel silver, not sure if i like this idea might be to much to look at.

4) find a new stock bazel and leave it alone, i have no idea where i would find one though anyone?

Here are the pics of my install

PS these guages are awesome they look sweet at night i went throught a phase where i dident like guages then i thought about them then i was hesitant but i got sick of looking at the some guage i guess its just all about change.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JTJohnny102 said:
hmm im not feelin the carbon fiber anymore, ill hafta retract my bid somehow. anyway im confused are those actual rings or are they just painted circles? btw shoulda got reverse indiglo imo, looks good either way though
im not a fan of reverse guages i dont really like them plus u run into the needle issue.

--dident u just buy a CF bazel from ebay????

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Roger said:
what do u mean silver with rings??? if i paint the bazel silver then the rings wont really appear to be rings, your saying paint the whole bazel silver??
Sorry, i met to say, this looks good already:

But What i met by silver with silver rings was paint the bezel siver and get some chrome rings.... --=Keith

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
That's the TypeII font on those gauges, which was then reproduced in indiglo form by S/R Motorsports (White background, and blue/green lightup). Now it's produced by someone else.

Yes, I agree, Reverse Indiglo looks sharper at night, but you HAVE to consider, that are cars DO NOT have light up needles. You can't see the needle at night against reverse indiglos. And the uglier version of the reverse indiglows (with the inner circle that lights up ...strip) looks awful.

The best COMBO in my opinion are White Face, Reverse Indiglos, and a Light up needle like VolkRacing installed on his car but won't tell us how =p

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
That's the TypeII font on those gauges, which was then reproduced in indiglo form by S/R Motorsports (White background, and blue/green lightup). Now it's produced by someone else.

Yes, I agree, Reverse Indiglo looks sharper at night, but you HAVE to consider, that are cars DO NOT have light up needles. You can't see the needle at night against reverse indiglos. And the uglier version of the reverse indiglows (with the inner circle that lights up ...strip) looks awful.

The best COMBO in my opinion are White Face, Reverse Indiglos, and a Light up needle like VolkRacing installed on his car but won't tell us how =p
i dont know why everyone says you cant see the needles. i see mine pefectly at night with reverse indiglo, i got the reverse indiglo from procarparts.com and i love them

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
he did tell us how to do it he gave detailed instructions heres a huge thread on it.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ballistic said:
I dont like how they illuminate at night. That looks nasty (to me)
reverse indiglos look better.
wish I still had my picture hosted.
have u ever seen the indiglos in person ?? if not id bet you would change your mind if you have then everyone has there own opinion i guess but the pics dont do justice i love these guages

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.