Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think it's called a firewall, but anywayz
does anyone know where the hole thingy is, so i can route wires through the engine, lika an amp installation :p

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
91sedan said:
just on the side...what the hell is the charcoal canister for?
The Charcoal Canister is a storage device in the evaporative emissions control system. This one is a small cylindrical container that contains the activated charcoal particles. Charcoal particles are porous, soft, black substance made by heating in an restricted amount of air, substances containing carbon such as material from hardwood trees and coconut shells. The charcoal traps gasoline vapors from the fuel tank. After a time the vapors are purged and drawn into the engine when the vehicle is being driving. The Charcoal Canister system is also related to the EGR system. That means: The emission control system that prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by the hoses to the Charcoal Canister to storage. When the engine is running, a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine. -Mike

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
MikeD said:
The Charcoal Canister is a storage device in the evaporative emissions control system. This one is a small cylindrical container that contains the activated charcoal particles. Charcoal particles are porous, soft, black substance made by heating in an restricted amount of air, substances containing carbon such as material from hardwood trees and coconut shells. The charcoal traps gasoline vapors from the fuel tank. After a time the vapors are purged and drawn into the engine when the vehicle is being driving. The Charcoal Canister system is also related to the EGR system. That means: The emission control system that prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by the hoses to the Charcoal Canister to storage. When the engine is running, a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine. -Mike
thanks Mike!
:bowdown:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just wondering... would this be something that could be taken out, and cap off the hoses, just for some extra room in there? Or would this cause emissions problems, or any other problems?
thanks
Aaron

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
inthavillelegend said:
Just wondering... would this be something that could be taken out, and cap off the hoses, just for some extra room in there? Or would this cause emissions problems, or any other problems?
thanks Aaron
Aaron, if I'm right and I understand your question... There is nothing to take out except Fuel Vapor ! That's a close vacuum system. That means: The purgin vacuum is controlled by the Purge Control Diaphragm Valve (located on top of the Charcoal Canister) and the Purge Control Solenoid Valve.

inthavillelegend said:
Or would this cause emissions problems, or any other problems?
Yes! Just bc the EMCS (Emission Control System) includes...
- 3Way Cat Converter
- Evaporative Control System (ECS)
- Crankcase Ventilation System (CVS)
- Air Injection System (AIS)
- EGR System (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)

The EMCS is designed to fulfil fedearal & state emissions standards of specific desired values. That's various to other countries in the world. -Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
MikeD said:
Aaron, if I'm right and I understand your question... There is nothing to take out except Fuel Vapor ! That's a close vacuum system. That means: The purgin vacuum is controlled by the Purge Control Diaphragm Valve (located on top of the Charcoal Canister) and the Purge Control Solenoid Valve.

Yes! Just bc the EMCS (Emission Control System) includes...
- 3Way Cat Converter
- Evaporative Control System (ECS)
- Crankcase Ventilation System (CVS)
- Air Injection System (AIS)
- EGR System (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)

The EMCS is designed to fulfil fedearal & state emissions standards of specific desired values. That's various to other countries in the world. -Mike
:bowdown: You are the god of worhtless emissions trivia!... thats not necessarily a bad thing, by the way. I am the god of tire trivia! :bowdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.