Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my digital camera fired up this weekend. My car is on the shop so I could not take any pictures of it. However I took a trip into the mountains this weekend with some friends, and snapped som nice pics. I went to Banff, Alberta. If you dont know Banff, it is a world renouned tourist town inside the rocky mountains, about 1.5 hrs from my door step. I hope these turn out.... Tell me what you think:)

Attachments

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Nice pics but where the heck is all the snow? Last time I was in Banff was May 1980, was also there in the 60's as a kid. Beautiful scenery.

Are they still selling the "I'm a blue eyed Arab from Alberta" t-shirts up there? Always got a laugh out of that one.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are familiar with the weather out here, then you will know the term "Chinook." For anyone who does not know what it is, it is a warm westerly wind that comes in the winter. It basically warms everything up to above the freezing mark, and it makes walking around very comfortable in mid february. We have had about 8 days straight of warm weather, and it has melted everything. Yesterday it was 14C, and saturday was 10C! The mountains defenitaly have more snow than the city, but they are still quite bare.

As for your T-shirts Dave, I think they sold out:D. But no, I did not see any around there. You would be amazed at how much Banff has changed since you have been there last. It is too commercial, and they have kinda over done it now.... But that is what the city thrives on... Tourism. Here is some some snow for you:) I took this out the car window on the way home... a little cloudy on sunday as you can see

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Nice pics man...Must be a decent camera....Makes me wanna go camping bad...

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah.... I am itchin' to go camping when it warms up a bit too.

Those mountains call my name every time I look west. I can walk out my front door every day and look towards the west, and all I can see are mountains in the background..... it is such a treat.

Darith, next time I am in Houston I will bring the mountains with me so you never have to leave the city....:D

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is the Nikon Coolipix 775.. I paid $625 CDN with sales tax and a carrying case. I beleive I saw it for $350 US on a web site, and I am sure if you shop around you can get it in your city for a bit cheaper maybe..... just do a little haggling. I started a thread titled "need your input buying a digital camera"..... go there and check it out.:)

Leon... that is a cool sight you linked me to. It made it to my favorites and I will be submitting some of my pics there. Thanx
:)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Mckenzie91 said:
That is the Nikon Coolipix 775.. I paid $625 CDN with sales tax ....

Leon... that is a cool sight you linked me to. It made it to my favorites and I will be submitting some of my pics there. Thanx
:)
No doubt, buddy!
I love great photography..and those are definitley worthy of being up there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts