Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... I am new to this forum, and by pure luck i arrived here after typing the name of my car and adding a www and dot com... hehe, first off, i love the sight, and those pics with the ack legends slammed, that was truly something sweet.

I just bought a 90 acura legend ls with new carpeting, and new interior, leather seats, onboard comp. its truly something sweet, and its also been my dream car since i saw it in high school (about 5 years ago). I got a STEAL on it, paying only 2k. american. The only problem, gotta replace the transmission because when its cold, it wont shift out of second, and when its hot it wont shift BACK to second, so i've had to take off by putting it manually into 2 on the shifter, or so I've been told to do. But the honda place said they could get me a deal on the transmission, hopefully it will just be 1.3k installed.

But my question is how do I set the onboard computer? I have no manual and searched hours on the web for this... Its in km, and i would love to set it to miles... as well as gallons instead of liters.

I had a 93 nissan sentra se and it was a 2 door manual, it was pretty fast, gave some of those modded rides down here a run for their money. But I was tired of a little fast car and I wanted something I could really be proud to drive. This acura legend is IT! After lying in wait for over 5 months, i finally got a 1990 Acura Legend LS w/Sunroof, leather seats, onboard computer, its a sedan too. I hated having to skoot the seat up to let people ride, became a big pain, but now its just smooth sailing all the way. Nothing but compliments.

I think i'm alone when i say this, but I really would prefer a mint condition 90 to a 91 or +... I like the older body and style of this ride...

I got the car and after my 3rd day of driving it i already hooked up the 'system' 45w x 4 sony cd player, two 6 1/2 in. speakers in
the rear and two 10 in subs in the back running off of a 180 w amp. Going to upgrade, when i get some green, to a 12 in kicker competition in a bandpass box so I can get that, disturbing the peace effect.

Going to put silver fade tint on the car, which is black btw.
And I was thinking about replacing the 'shifter' thing.. whatever its called in an automatic. Anyone know if this is possible or any sites that sell them?

THANKS ALL!!!!

Peace.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Answers...

On behalf of my fellow members welcome to the Legend Community. Sounds like you got yourself a Legend in great condition (besides tranny). Anyway, here's a few sites that you can check out for parts for your car: Ebay, SASP Online and A and H Motorsport. See you 'round.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
ReeferRacer said:
But my question is how do I set the onboard computer? I have no manual and searched hours on the web for this... Its in km, and i would love to set it to miles... as well as gallons instead of liters.
See the "Trip Function" and "system check" buttons? Flip the covers open (then are hinged at the bottom) and all the controls for the computer are beneath. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANX!

Now that is tight! Its like a secret weapon...

:cool:

Still loving the legend, going to put some silver tint on there then i will take some pics... bye for now :)

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts