Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i had a dent on the end of my fender so i decieded to bondo it, it turned out really well except for the fact that i used my touchup paint brush so it looks ripply now. i wish i got some during pics but i didnt :(

well heres what it looks like, tell me what you think

what it looked like originally

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
nasriaz said:
Wet-sand that thing at latest tommorow after school, Call me tommorow if you need advice.
:werd:
BTW, did you use any of the Bondo spot putty on top of the initial bondo layer? If not, that would have helped smooth out the pits and ripples in the initial coat.

· Registered
2,535 Posts
SuperCoupe93 said:
:werd:
BTW, did you use any of the Bondo spot putty on top of the initial bondo layer? If not, that would have helped smooth out the pits and ripples in the initial coat.
yeah, buy some glaze if you have any pinholes. Remember to spread the bondo 3''+ over the entire section so everything blends nicely. Your spray job is throwing off any opinions I could make. But from the looks of it, the fender/hood section needs some cleaning up.

· Registered
160 Posts
That's more than a wetsand is going to take care of. Start with some 600 grit sandpaper and start smoothing it out.... The paint is going to look real noticable either way you cut it since it's a touchup pen. It will look 100 times better if the surface is smooth and matches the rest of the fender though...

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Grant said:
i dont really want to paint the whole panel since im trying to sell it for 3k anyways.
Dammit! You're selling too? All the sweetest Legends are getting new homes! :eek:

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my goal when fixing my fender was just to make it look better than haveing a 1/2 dent on that corner. thats why i just used my touch up brush

but im not leaving the legends when i sell my car, my plan is to get a coupe :)

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Yeah I see you're lookin for a coupe, but the Sedan you have now is really sick. I love those black rims, and I f'ing hate black rims on any car.

Better make sure whoever buys it sticks around these forums :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.