Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've diagnosed it, and I"m about 80% sure that I have a BHG.

My main question is do I fix it for $1700-$2000, or do I replace it for $2500 + a motor. Those are basically dealership quotes.

Anyone know of a place in the Seattle area, or tacoma to everett area, that knows how to replace these motors for a good price?

Mind you I've got about 197000 miles on this motor, but everything else on the car is is in prestine condition.

Anyone know of a good place to get a motor?

·
Registered
649 Posts
i have seen jdm engine on numerous of site (ebay etc.), ranging anywhere from $500-$1000, type II included..in my opinion i would swap with a jdm with about 60k miles or less. and im sure it would be cheaper then $2000 if you do the labor..but with your mileage now, swap it buddy..thats just me talking

·
Registered
860 Posts
The guy that bought my 'UK' Legend had a backyard mechanic do some work that didn't needed to be done. The end result was both head gaskets blown.
I found him a local shop that installed a JDM TYPE-I for $1,675 out the door.

WW:2cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well anyone want to find me one too, I found a JDM type 2 motor that I can have shipped to a shop or pick it up at the freight terminal for $990 shipped, but I want to find someone I can trust to do it, my normal mechanic is visiting family in cali for the next month otherwise I'd have him do it.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
well anyone want to find me one too, I found a JDM type 2 motor that I can have shipped to a shop or pick it up at the freight terminal for $990 shipped, but I want to find someone I can trust to do it, my normal mechanic is visiting family in cali for the next month otherwise I'd have him do it.
PM Telion about a chipped type II ECU for the JDM TII motor. I'm not sure about the wiring harness differences between TI's and TII's but you may have to pick up a TII wiring harness (USDM fits).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so if I ordered, a Type 2 motor coming in from Japan, what else do I need to replace, besides the long block and belts?

Will I need a ECU form a type 2 motor? are the wiring harnesses the same?

I can get the motor and have it installed for just over 2grand, wich is about what I paid for this car in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts