Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you get a fix it ticket, will it raise your insurance if reported, and do you just have to fix the problem or pay a fine too

·
Registered
99 Posts
First off, I wouldn't report a fix-it ticket. Though it really shouldn't raise your rates, I wouldn't trust the insurance companies to be fair.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
lexcoupe21 said:
if you get a fix it ticket, will it raise your insurance if reported, and do you just have to fix the problem or pay a fine too
No need to report it to insurance.
Just fix the problem, ie tint, etc and go down to the police station and have them sign it off. You won't have to pay any fine I dont believe.
Then proceed to getting your windows tinted again. :D
It's one big revolving circle. :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Fix it tickets are such a pain in the ass. No, it should not affect insurance rates. You just have to get fixed whatever it is, have the SOB police sign it off, then you have to un-fix whatever you fixed on the ticket. :mad:

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
excuse me not knowing what a "fix it ticket is" please explain.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
excuse me not knowing what a "fix it ticket is" please explain.
So your driving down the street and a police officer pulls you over for say, speeding.
First he writes you a ticket for speeding, then he notices the tint on your front windows is kinda dark, he then proceeds to whip out his tint measuring device and measures the % of tint you have on your front windows and writes you another ticket.
The ticket says you have to report to such and such place [usually the police station] on a particular date to show that you have removed the tint to be in compliance with whatever silly law they have in your area.
Someone will then sign off on it at the station and you will be on your merry way.
That there is a "fix-it-ticket."

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I've gotten a fix it ticket once. My drivers side headlight was out and I didn't notice and I saw this cop car going the opposite way and immediately made a U-turn and i'm like sh!t. So he puts his sirens and comes to my car and ask for my license and registration and I ask what he pulled me over for and he says my headlight was out. He tells me to get it fixed within 24 hours and take it to a precint to have them check it. Me not knowing what the hell he meant, I took my car to the precint first so they could sign off, but the cop who came to look at my car said I had to get it fixed fist then come to the precint so they could check it out, but he was cool and signed it off and just said to get it fixed asap.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've gotten tons of those fix it tickets the past few months cuz of my tints. You do not have to report it to the insurance company nor do you have to get it done within the 24 hours. If you want to keep the stuff you can go to court and pay a fine.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
Re: Re: fix it ticket

acuralegend.com said:
Just fix the problem, ie tint, etc and go down to the police station and have them sign it off. You won't have to pay any fine I dont believe.
There's definitely a fine for fix-it tickets, at least in California. At the very least, there's some processing fee which is ~$20. The fine for tint is around $75. I got pulled over awhile back for amplified sound (car stereo), tint, and bulbs...total fine came out to $180. These were all non-moving violations, so I didn't have to report a thing to my insurance. And from my understanding, if you're caught with the same violations within a year's time, you have to pay a bigger fine which grows incrementally each time you're caught.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts