Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone.. this is another option out there for anyone looking for tie bars. These are for all 91-95 acura legends. They are custom made by yours truly, these are steel bars, super strong and durable. However the short bar is not adjustable like the fut tie bar set. This means that if your alignment is super off, you may need to just widen the holes in the short bar for it to fit. But if your alignment is on, this shouldn't be an issue. If your interested in a set for your legend, i will be willing to charge 250 for both bars if we get 5 buyers.
feel free to ask questions.

I will be accepting paypal.. with no additional paypal fees. I will only add shipping which will be around 15 dollars.
1.mellowfelo (payed)
2.sr5guy(payed)
3.IAmLegend (Payed)
4.jerkanov (Payed)
5.EVLegend94(Payed)
6.Filmshoot (Payed)

*We reached the minimum number of buyers now, i will now be accepting paypal orders. I will start making these as soon as everyone pays. Send the payment plus $15 for shipping to [email protected] thank you.

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hows bolt fitment? how stiff compared to fut?
they just slide right on just like futs, they are both as stiff if not stiffer then futs bars

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
i guess being the 2nd successful install of these bars, i should say a few words about them. well first off i noticed at least 50 additional hp

uhm.

no seriously though they did just what i expected, a couple of hard turns right away revealed a difference how the rear end felt. i dont know the terms the pros use but it feels less front wheel driven now, like the back end actually has traction in hard turns (best i could do were a couple 35-40 mph right handers so far) the rear tires definately felt more like they were rolling and in traction through them instead of just sliding in the rear. the shorter bar is not adjustable, like the fut set, but as eric says, unless your alignment is already off, it will not change it. i had an alignment check done recent at les schwab which confirms this. also i think the black short bar looks a lot more discreet than the fut set i had (but painting one of his is a breeze anyway...) so far not one complaint regarding these bars :bigok:

·
Registered
619 Posts
very nice!

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are the brake down prices for anyone who's interested.

Long bar-$160

short bar-$110

Both- $250 (save $20)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm considering. I just picked up a legend last night, I am going to check out the suspension this weekend and I'll get back to you.

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these are some awesome prices guys.. jump on this! i wont be making these forever!

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
these are some awesome prices guys.. jump on this! i wont be making these forever!
maybe you should name them something else then =p

(still liking mine btw)

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have Fut's tie bars, but are you able to post a better picture of the long bar just for comparison sake?
here are some higher resolution pictures at different angles

NOTE: These were the first sets ever made so they were a little sloppier then the second and next sets that will be made.

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet, just two more people and were good to go!

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha very funny sr5guy.. and i suppose your a man that can transform into a car :)

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here are some install directions,

1. first jack up both sides of the car

2. You will then remove all four of these bolts

3. When you get to removing the small tie bar bolts make sure you take note of the alignment position, there is a dot on the frame and lines on the bolt so keep track of where its at. Use a wrench on the other side while tightening and loosening the bolt so you dont change the alignment. Then bolt the small bar on to 40 ft pounds. The bar should slide right on. If it doesn't, dont force it on since you don't want to change your alignment, just use a drill to slightly widen the holes on the bar.

4. When placing on the long bar first remove the four small 10mm bolts that hold the speed sensor wires to the frame. Then place three washers over each bolt, this will give the bar a nice flat surface to tighten to. Tighten the bar on to around 76 ft pounds then zip tie the speed sensor wires to the bar. The zip ties and washers will be included with the bars.

this is what is looks like complete "not including the sway bar"

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright guys one more to go and we can get these made!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts