Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
got a question about the little black box under the drivers seat,,,,not the passenger seat... the led is flashing 15 beebs so what does that mean. i,ve seen the codes for the ecu so does that mean this the tranny comp????
thinking maybe so cause the tranny wont sift to first gear till i put it in S seems to start in 2nd while in D and in S3 or S4 just got it about 3 weeks ago think i got a pretty good deal 164k on it but got it for 500.00 and it looks great , tow yard impound, tow yard messed up steering colum stuff and blew a bunch of fuses, Idiots, but nothing major. seems run great sept for the tranny thing I put new O2 sensors in, man that front ones a bear, and basic tune to pass emissions here.

Anyone ever see a purplish/ maroon int
no where i can get parts for one??? Oh yeah will thoose clear corners fit on a sedan?
thanks for your input

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to my tranny rebuilder, the computer under the driver's seat diagnoses transmission problems that are electrical in nature. ie.. solenoids, etc ... - mechanical failures such as gears or clutches wouldn't show. The mechanic showed me his manual with table of codes for the computer under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tranny codes ???

sounds reasonable to me i think the gears are ok cause it will shift into first when in the s gear just not in s3 and up anyway i hope the code will shed a little light on it anyone know if the helm book has those codes??? or just the elec manuel .

·
Registered
583 Posts
My manual only shows up to 11 blinks ('88) and each set of blinks determines what different tests to do. Each blink doesn't refer to just one problem, but it limits the possiblilities between a few, meaning: 5 blinks = do these 3 tests, 7 blinks = do these 5 different tests ...

If you recount and find it is 11 or under, and if your car is in my year range, I'd be glad to copy the page and send it to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts