Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'm wantin to pick a muffler for my Legend. My budget is pretty tight ($200) so I've decided to get a Flowmaster 60 series possibly with a resonator. Does anybody know where I can hear a sound clip of one on a Legend? Any recomendations or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Outta GT
395 Posts
Alright so I'm wantin to pick a muffler for my Legend. My budget is pretty tight ($200) so I've decided to get a Flowmaster 60 series possibly with a resonator. Does anybody know where I can hear a sound clip of one on a Legend? Any recomendations or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
I had the 40 series w/a resonator on my L, it sounded pretty good. A cheaper alternative to Remus or a Stromung!

·
Registered
95 Posts
depends what sound u want........ and the main reason Aftermarket exahust systems fail is because ppl take the Catalydic converters out or dont put an o2 sensor back in/ ruin it by touching it with bare fingers..... u could put tip on the back of ur Cat and it should passs..... what happens after the cat is sound surpression and back pressure on oem exahust

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
remus / stromung - NICE - I WOULD LOVE either - but ..... --- i'm kinda broke with 4 kids (yet we have fun in life haha!!!) so i got a borla with custom tips (installed perfectly at a professional well respected shop) on my 96 rl & it sounds very very nice. you KNOW it's a v6 pushing out that exhaust & not some civic or teg, yet not too loud at all. i mean it sounds SOOOO much better than what i had expected. rough & clean. i would suggest a borla from my personal experience.

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
I have a couple of suggestions.

I personally love the dynomax super turbo mufflers.

Dynomax Performance 17676 - Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers - summitracing.com

Plus they'll give you a refund if you don't like the way it sounds. I mean shit. I gave you a link to an example, they have tons of choices. Just remember Super Turbo is their quieter performance muffler. They have Ultra Flo SS which is a stainless steel straight-through design, but is louder.

2.5" at most for you I would say.

The larger the exhaust tips, the more 'boom' you'll get out of them...like a megaphone.

remus / stromung - NICE - I WOULD LOVE either - but ..... --- i'm kinda broke with 4 kids
Can't get a pecker in edgewise with you dominating the tang like that.

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
domination baby .... yessssss!!!!!!!!!!! hey speaking of tang (not to mention a straight thread jack - my bad - again) ... anyone still see tang around at their local supermarkets? the bomb shiznit when i was a young lad. and now as an adult "tang" is still the bomb shiznit haha!!!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I like Dynomax Super Turbos too. They are reasonably priced, sound good and can be found at most muffler shops. But they are prone to rust from the online reviews I have read. I have a Magnaflow 14830 ony my car. It has a 2.5" inlet (but I think they also come with 2.25") and its fairly quiet at cruising speeds but if you drop the hammer it does sound like the world is coming to an end. And my fuel economy has gone up since I installed it.

Here is a video of my muffler
YouTube - Magnaflow 14830 on 1993 Acura Legend Coupe

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
how did u go abouts getting your set up? did you do it directly at a borla dealer or did u just mix and match. what does your set up look like?

because yes. im on a budget too :p
just go to a good reputable established muffler/exhaust shop & they should be a borla dealer. stay away from shops that have flowmaster signs tacked up every which way you look. not that flowmaster is bad, but those are usually the cheap ass shops that couldn't properly weld 2 pieces of 3" pipe together.

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
just go to a good reputable established muffler/exhaust shop & they should be a borla dealer. stay away from shops that have flowmaster signs tacked up every which way you look. not that flowmaster is bad, but those are usually the cheap ass shops that couldn't properly weld 2 pieces of 3" pipe together.
+1 If you see twenty pickup trucks in the parking lot, just keep driving.

Let them fornicate with their sisters and not your car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.