Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have aftermarket foglights that'll fit in perfectly in the OEM foglight space and if so can you please post pics. Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssttttttt
(if you want to be different)

Look on Ebay under 92-95 Honda Civics

The Fogs are 99% identicile and will fit the OEM brackets

Like U save yourself $90+ bucks by doing this if and only if
you get a Civic OEM Fog light kit for under $120 bucks!

than all U do is buy the rest from Acura which consists of
RH Garnish (try Acura Of NC)
LH Garnish (available)
Left and Right Fog Brackets (available)
Fog Harness (bumber)
Fog Harness (Dash)
2 Relays
one 15amp fuse (LOL)
One Fog Switch for either, L, LS or GS

Than your set, and the only thing you will have to do is swap out
the inner bracket from the Civic with the inner bracket of the Legend and Holy ****! U got a $358.00 OEM fog light Set up for
around $120 fogs+110(EST) for the misc parts
I will check what all my individual parts costs were from
Acura of Augusta.

I kinda like these OEM fogs over the Legend OEM fogs since they
have more glass showing in the same size diameter. The OEM Legend ones have the metal wrap around the lense, the civic ones are the exact same, but the glass lense is flush with the edge of the fog lamp assy.

I can provide close-up pictures as a comparison between each.

Hey its a lower cost appoach to going aftermarket, and it fits like it should "OEM"!

:)

:D

Laters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.............................................Poof!

·
Holier than thou
38 Posts
yes,

it will fit the 94-95 coupes. However, the solution of making holes in the black pastic foglight covers isn't bad at all.

It will work with many different lights. I have cut mine to put in Tenzo 500 foglights.

balaji
95 LS 6spd

·
Registered
815 Posts
:eek: dammmmm James S,
wish i woulda known this before i bought my oem foglight setup for $375.
your rite abot the glass, they seem kinda small
wit that outer rim on it.
o well to late now.:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
azteklegend said:
:eek: dammmmm James S,
wish i woulda known this before i bought my oem foglight setup for $375.
your rite abot the glass, they seem kinda small
wit that outer rim on it.
o well to late now.:D
DDAYYMMNNNNNN 375 :eek: I thought they were 100 for the pair lol. Was 375 for the whole kit (harness, switches etc.)?

Latin.............

P.S. I'll buy u 5 WHOPING rounds of beers for the foglights LOL :D.

·
Registered
815 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:

DDAYYMMNNNNNN 375 :eek: I thought they were 100 for the pair lol. Was 375 for the whole kit (harness, switches etc.)?

Latin.............

P.S. I'll buy u 5 WHOPING rounds of beers for the foglights LOL :D.
yeeah, 375 for tha whole kit including everything.
i tried oakland acura and they wanted 475 for tha same kit so i got mine from acura of augusta.

for 1 bill you can get tha whole kit?
thaz cool:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey James can you post pics so I can have an idea of what it'll look like. I might just consider this project rather than trying to get the actual OEM one or aftermarket one.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have a 94GS, where did the foglights go on it??? If I put aftermarket foglights, and I get an OEM switch for it will it make them go on/off with that??

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Here's a pic of the OEM fogs that I installed recently.

Yes, you should be able to wire the OEM switch to work with your aftermarket fogs if you wanted to.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I still think that's the best looking GS I've seen. What kind of clear corners are those? Or are they one piece? The H.I.Ds, the custom light in the molding, and those fogs. Wow.

What kind of Fog lights did you use? or are they OEM fogs? Any idea how much the Fog Light Switch goes for?

Welcome to 20 questions :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
switch

where can i get the oem switch? dealer? do they sell it seperatly?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Thanks, FutureX. :)

Yeah, the fogs are OEM, and the clear corners are EDM.

I got my switch for around $25 from the dealer about a year or so ago. I had initally bought them to wire up to my previous aftermarket fogs, but unbeknownst to me, the switch was bad and I couldn't figure it out at the time. It wasn't until I tried installing my factory fogs that I discovered that the switch that I had was bad to begin with. It's fixed now, so it's all good. ;)

The switch does come seperate from the fog light kit.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe
The ones I got have the Black outer coating, and I cannot tell whats behind those covers to be sure, but all and all the bulb looks like mine posted here on my 94 GS which are the Civic Fogs mounted into the Legend Fog Brakets.

Triton3K
Here are some pics, I will take some close ups between the OEM ones and the ones in this GS Sedan I have.

welovelegend
Yes call Jason at Acura of Augusta Ga
make sure you get the one for your car, ie L, LS or GS
get the inner and outter wire harnesses and the 2 relays
You will need to access a blue taped wire thats attached to the
left hand side side marker harness (reach up through the front left bumber signal to access it

Than use what ever fogs you want or get the Legend brakets and mount in Civic or aftermarket fogs

James

:D

·
Registered
580 Posts

FIXED!
James
;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
FutureX 2001
all I know is that you need the sub harness from the switch to access the existing setup in the car
Just make sure if you do this to use the Green connector next to the Blue connector, because those stupid instructions just tell you its a 14pin connector in grey which is on the back side which you cannot see untill you unplug the green connecter. 1st time I did it i pulled the blue connector under the dash and nothing worked and looked at my coupe setup that I did over 1 year ago and found out I plugged into the wrong harness

Anyways, instructions on install are available from us or acura
if you go this route

James

·
Registered
418 Posts
to James S

thanks, man

is cheaper there in GA, or he is your boy:D :D :D can give me a sweat discount???

well, i have been looking for a pair of fog for my baby for a while. just no time to really do it, wait till spring break, maybe. i will put on clear corner and bumper this weekend, that is for sure:p :p :p

when i get the fog, i will sure ask you guys for help...

BTW, what is the number??? down there

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Was it difficult to wire in Factory Fogs? What was the total cost?
It wasn't very hard. The hardest part is finding the plugs under the dash that you need to plug into. If you get the instructions, it tells you where they are (roughly). You should be able to get the instructions from the dealer.

The most confusing part was when asked to plug into the main harness, it points to a 14 pin grey plug. Problem was that I couldn't find any 14-pin grey plugs, so I went with the diagram and the location of the supposed plug. It ended up not being gray. I think it was blue or green. Like James S mentioned.

My total cost was around $275. I bought the fogs off of ebay (brand new) for around $212 including shipping and stuff. It was missing a bracket so I got that from Acura of Augusta for $38, and the switch that I bought sometime back cost me about $25.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts