Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Does anyone know how to seperate the foglights from the headlights? I've already tried the one-thread on how to turn the foglights on and off independently, but problem with that is sometimes it worked and didn't. Now has anyone figured out this dilema? If I can turn the foglights on with the parking lights, that would be great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It's very simple. All you need to have a 12VDC normally closed contact relay, slice the power from the head lights to this relay coil. So when you turn on the head lights, at the same time the 12VDC power will energize the relay coil to open the relay contact immediately to cause both fog lights stop working.

This method will let you have the fog lights on with parking lights on or off.

Of course, you have to have both fog lights ground to chassis and feed the +DC from one of the ignition switch hot wire to 1 leg of normally closed contacts relay & the other leg to the fog lights to complete a closed circuit. Now every time you turn on the ignition switch you can have the JDM fogs to work as DRL when both parking lights and head lights are off.

Hint: to be safe, I recommend to add a 7.5A fuse in + wire and use at least 20 gauge wire size.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thank you for the help:bowdown:.
No problem, looks like shawn did help you out. But any way I found my old thread and post # 20 may help too with your problem. I don't want to spend extra time again to rewrite it but instead of I'm spending this extra time to write up the steps to make the fogs in JDM 1 piece head lights to work like DRL. It's almost done, I just need to take some pics and reorganize steps.

Thanks,

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/another-new-gentex-mirror-hella-micro-de-installed-99933/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts