Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and anybody else who wants to helps us Californians. I don't know if this is legit, but I just found this website through yahoo search and signed for it. I know we had a recent thread in the G2 Legend section about front license plates and how they are unnecessary. Well, sign this petition to get it off the books. It just might work.

Eradication of California's Front License Plate Petition

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Lol just signed it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
me too the plate ruins the front end of a car... hence the reason 2 my legends have no plates or holes for them.... clean and sleek just as they are

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I don't drive around with front plates. I've been asked about it only once and I replied my plate wasn't reinstalled when I had my bumper replaced (this is true). The officer then commented how he liked how my headlights looked.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I've been pulled over for this more than once in CA, signed. 21298 Signatures Total.

·
B.K.A Runa
1,291 Posts
Just another reason I love my state. Thats does suck tho. FLP FTL

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
they should do away with redlight cams anyway. so many of them are set up wrong. i've gotten 3 pictures of myself sitting in various cars. stopped at the line like a good boy. with a red light ticket attached. i fought it and won obviously but what a waste of my time. defending the fact that i stopped safely at a light a month earlier. thats retarded.

i signed it a few days ago.
it may not work. but its worth signing even if you agree with it.
just doin my part to keep some actual freedom and democrazy

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Heh I live in a state that requires them but I still have my KS plates where it's not required (permanent address in both states FTW)... Never been questioned about it at all! Saves a ton on city stickers, fees, taxes, everything really :giggle:

Signed anyway.

·
B.K.A Runa
1,291 Posts
Our red light cams were up for bout a year and then they were taken down. Something went wrong with the money. The ticket money was supposed to go towards the school system but it never made it there. I did get a ticket tho. Im looking at my integra wit me in yank fitted with a cell phone to my ear.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'll sign, but it wont work because that would decrease the income from their Red Light Traffic Cameras....
Los Angeles red light cams are inactive still, some court ordered thing. Some of the smaller cities like Bev Hills and Passadena have them up and working though. The LA ones act like they are on but they have'nt been for a year or more from what I've been told.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Photoblocker spray and refractive covers for my plates. I did that after (like dasficktauf) being photographed and sent a $110 ticket for sitting pretty at the line at the red light at 5am with no other cars at the intersection. Cleveland is considering scrapping the cameras because they have made revenues go down (people no longer run lights) and wants to go back to the pulling over system to raise more money for the broke-a$$ city.

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
i dont know if they're the same, but we have some that give out a massive flash. i saw them for like a week, and no more flashes, i think someone sued for getting blinded by the flash and cant see where they're going.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Photoblocker spray and refractive covers for my plates. I did that after (like dasficktauf) being photographed and sent a $110 ticket for sitting pretty at the line at the red light at 5am with no other cars at the intersection. Cleveland is considering scrapping the cameras because they have made revenues go down (people no longer run lights) and wants to go back to the pulling over system to raise more money for the broke-a$$ city.
mythbusters tried all the sprays plus a couple of home made things nothing beat the cameras. they were running tests is fairly good light though, the sprays work better when there is only the flash as a light source.

Also the LA cameras still flash at people who run them its just that there's no agency authorized to ticket you from them. Years ago I read of an east coats state that had to disable all of theirs after they were challenged on safety reasons because accidents were up at several camera intersections. Turned out the contractor that installed them also got paid to run them and had profit incentive so they shortened the yellow for the $. THe whole system got shut down because the contractors were not law enforcement therefor not legally authorized to ticket anyone.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Actually Jerry, upon revisting the Myth, the Mythbusters were actually able to beat the camera..............with a rocket powered car that went past the camera at like 300 mph.

The car was going so fast, the sensor never tripped and a picture was never taken :rofl:

But that was the only way they could beat it aside from having that revolving license plate dealy :lol:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Actually Jerry, upon revisting the Myth, the Mythbusters were actually able to beat the camera..............with a rocket powered car that went past the camera at like 300 mph.

The car was going so fast, the sensor never tripped and a picture was never taken :rofl:

But that was the only way they could beat it aside from having that revolving license plate dealy :lol:
Yeah I wasn't going to mention they beat it with extreme speed, not wanting to give any ideas to some of the fast and furious members.

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
Yeah I wasn't going to mention they beat it with extreme speed, not wanting to give any ideas to some of the fast and furious members.
because our cars can do 300 MPH now.

i dont think the terminal velocity of our cars is over 160

1 - 20 of 28 Posts