Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets do a poll.

What have you found to be the correct power band for each gear?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just bought my G2 and I need to have it checked out, ie compression, and I need to get this vibration in the engine around 1800 - 2500 rpms fixed. Hopefully it's just a mount. After that I'll post my powerband.

·
Registered
3 Posts
andwhat03 said:
Lets do a poll.

What have you found to be the correct power band for each gear?
Not sure about the G2, but I do know that for the 02 TL-S most of the power exists in 2nd and 3rd gears. 4th and 5th is for maintaining the lead! :D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have only owned the car for a week, and have only had a couple of chances to bag on it... but I found the acceleration in third to be nutz...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Re: For all you 6speeders out there!!

rmarin2 said:

Not sure about the G2, but I do know that for the 02 TL-S most of the power exists in 2nd and 3rd gears. 4th and 5th is for maintaining the lead! :D
4th and 5th is for losing if you don't already have a sizable lead by the time you hit those gears. :D Welcome to the board, catch you on the TL board. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Re: Re: For all you 6speeders out there!!

infinite said:

4th and 5th is for losing if you don't already have a sizable lead by the time you hit those gears. :D Welcome to the board, catch you on the TL board. :)
Thanks for the welcome!!

You are absolutely correct about 4th and 5th. Although I tell you, some power is still available in that range! But like you said, if you don't have a good lead, its over!! :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: For all you 6speeders out there!!

rmarin2 said:

Thanks for the welcome!!

You are absolutely correct about 4th and 5th. Although I tell you, some power is still available in that range! But like you said, if you don't have a good lead, its over!! :D
You just have to wait until you hit VTEC in those gears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts