Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm going to be in London sightseeing, etc . . . sometime in June, so i just wanted some input now so that i know how much money to start saving. If I went to London, and started shopping around, what could I get for my G1 1989 Acura Legend Sedan? I heard that Junkyards have clear corners, but what else can i get, and what price, and where? Any thoughts comments would be good. Thanx

:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there, I'm afraid Legends are quite rare here so you might as well not bother, I know someone who says there is a junk yard in south london that has about five Legends stacked, all I know is the G1 Honda legends have a slighty higher BHP rating so unless you're thinking of a new engine I wouldn't bother. How about Honda badges?! - I didn't think so....

How about bringing a set of Eibach springs along with you in your travels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll tell you what's in it for you:

A free lift from a London area Airport (preferably Heathrow) to any London destination in my Legend, you can't say fairer than that, I'll also throw in a free meal for yourself and a friend to a top London restaurant if you're interested.

Let me know if you're interested, I'm deadly seirous now, its because I can't seem to pick up those springs in any part of this country, I understand ebiach have a ten year guarantee whereas the only springs I can get here carry a two year guarantee.

if you're interested please let me know: cheers!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
LegendGS said:
OK, OT but how do you pronounce the name "Patia"? Is it PA - TIA, or PAT - IA. :D
Never really heard of that name before, bloody american names, I'm Irish any way!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eibach Springs

Uh, that sounds all right, if you pay for it right? Also, if you could keep an eye out in junkyards for clear corners, I'll pay for those also, no dinner or anything, we'll be even :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
slugman said:
The higher HP comes from no cat I believe.
Acuras have a lower copression ratio too, suited for your poor
quality low octane gas.

Honda Legend with cat: 169 BHP
Honda Legend without cat: 177 BHP

Tegfelt

Acura Legend LS 1989

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cheers for the info!

So my British factory standard non modified Legend has a cat?
And if I remove it what happens besides the horsepower gain, will it fail emmissions tests or something?

Ignorantly yours,

Allen

·
Registered
155 Posts
If its working all right it would probably pass, but they'd be able to tell you dont have a cat. Besides that the emissions readings would be different, at least here, the technicians must visually make sure there is a cat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
fokiohero said:
Cheers for the info!

So my British factory standard non modified Legend has a cat?
And if I remove it what happens besides the horsepower gain, will it fail emmissions tests or something?

Ignorantly yours,

Allen
Those figures are both factory specs. Legends weren't shipped with a cat in Norway (and I'm guessing the rest of Europe) untill 1989, so a pre -89 legend 2.7 would have 177 BHP and later models 169 BHP. I'm not sure if removing the cat of an -89 or later would free up the lost hp. Probably the engines are programmed differently to work with the cat, so that simply removing it without doing other adjustments wouldn't give you all the power back.

I'm guessing your Honda doesn't have a cat, and therefore 177 BHP without mods.

Since the regulations aren't as strict for older cars as for newer ones in Norway, you can pass emissions without a cat. if the engine is in good shape and properly tuned. The same probably goes for the UK. I'd recommend keeping a cat around just to be safe though, the margins would be quite narrow;)

-tegfelt-
Acura Legend 2.7LS

Not really knowledgeable, just pretending...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts