Woofer and tweeter grills and all installation parts included
Full installation instructions & warranty info
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 38-32k
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Power Range: 60-130 watts
Crossover Freq: 2500Hz Hz
You're bidding on a pair of speakers, tweeters, and crossovers

They are all 6.5 speakers... going off of that which would you choose... I'll tell you the brands after people post..

:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would go for the ******'s. That'd be the third one. (I know which brands they are..) Key reasons: Better build quality, IMO, 12 dB/Oct crossover versus 6, neodynium magnets versus stontntium, more max wattage. The first one listed...those are not so good...would never buy them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hard to say based on specs, a higher crossover slopes does not always mean a better sounding speakre. personally I am not a big fan of metal dome tweets...

specs rarely make a speaker...

for example, looking at a speaker such as a high model kenwood or pioneer would probably have more "impressive" specs than a focal or dyn...:)

sorry. no recommendations from me :)

b

·
Registered
614 Posts
agreed specs do not make the speaker.. your best bet is to go listen to the speakers. I also do not like metal tweets.
but based on the spec i would prob go with the 3rd one.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I'd choose the first one. I don't like the metal tweeter so the last on is out for me. The first one does have all the latest materials, but there is nothing wrong with paper. Exotic materials are used in car audio mainly IMHO for the harsher environment. I also like the first one since it will play the loudest with the least power, as the 1W/meter spec is the highest, although that is not a deal breaker for me. But, since we have to go by specs alone in this poll, that is what I'll choose. The first one also plays lower, but that doesn't mean it has a lower frequency resonance, so that means little if nothing at all. Over all, I'd choose the first one based off the what is listed so far. :) However, the first one sounds either like a home tower system, or a triax. I am not a fan of traix, but I'm still sticking to my choice for now :D

The second set has too little information. There is nothing new or special about a Strontium Magnet, nor mica injection.

Now the Neodynium is a good design, as theoretically is allows the tweeter better cooling, but I haven't blown a tweeter without it yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first one is Sony Xplod
Sceond is Clarion
third is MB Quart

So Chris, why dont you like metal speraker...

I want Deep BASS in the background and clear vocals...

Can anyone reccomend some 6.5's and 6x9's...:D

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
You guys don't like Silk dome tweeters in your cars? They have a lot more clarity than anything else I've heard. You'll learn something about MB's if you buy em, If you listen to your music loud, you'll be replacing them once a month.

·
Registered
99 Posts
luvmylegend said:
You guys don't like Silk dome tweeters in your cars? They have a lot more clarity than anything else I've heard. You'll learn something about MB's if you buy em, If you listen to your music loud, you'll be replacing them once a month.
I hear you on that one. The Ti dome tweets MY MB's came with were way too bright, especially at higher volumes. Definately prefer the Silk domes. But...anything beats a 'wizzer' cone!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
H.O.P. woofer cone
poly cone midrange
paper cone tweeter
frequency response 30-25,000 Hz
power range 2-50 watts RMS
peak power handling 200 watts
sensitivity 90 dB
top-mount depth 2-5/16"

6.5 speakers

Mica-Injected Polypropylene Woofer Cone
1" Balanced Drive PEI Tweeter W/ Strontium Magnet
Heat Resistant Voice Coil
Strontium Woofer Magnet
2 way Mounting (surface, Flush)
Inline Passive 6dB/oct.Passive Crossover
170 Watt Maximum Music Power

(25mm) Titanium dome tweeters with Neodynium Magnet System
6.5" long throw polypropylene woofers
Variable output 12 dB/Octave pro series CLEAR Mini-Comp Crossovers
Stealth mount or Surface mount installation
300 Watts Power Handling capability
Adjustable Tweeter levels
Angled and Flush mount Tweeter pods
Woofer and tweeter grills and all installation parts included
Full installation instructions & warranty info
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 38-32k
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Power Range: 60-130 watts
Crossover Freq: 2500Hz Hz
You're bidding on a pair of speakers, tweeters, and crossovers

They are all 6.5 speakers... going off of that which would you choose... I'll tell you the brands after people post..

HOP? isn't that sony's term for Highly Oriented Polyolefine? i'm almost sure it is. if that's the case i wouldn't get sony's.

the last one is definately quarts. and they're musicomps not minicomps crossovers. sounds like the mb quart psc216's. go for these if you can get em for 230 or less brand new. i have those and they sound great.
-j

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
The first one is Sony Xplod
Sceond is Clarion
third is MB Quart

So Chris, why dont you like metal speraker...

I want Deep BASS in the background and clear vocals...

Can anyone reccomend some 6.5's and 6x9's...:D
Metal tweeters, especially the Quart ones seem too bright for my taste. I like silk dome tweeters. My Diamond Audio tweeters are silk. I used to rum Polks before that they had those Trilaminate done tweeters (not quadlaminite) and those were okay for me, but I still like silk, or soft dome tweeters best. It woulds the most natural.

There is an audiophile theory, although a very controvertial one that the ear likes sound that emminate from a material similar to what the ear drum is made up of. Since the ear drum is soft tissue, supposedly the silk, or soft dome tweeters resonante well with the ears. But, that is just a theory :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
well, from my experience, i would definetly go with mb quart. then clarion then sony xplod, thouhg I am not sure about hte new clarions, havent heard them.

the thing with mbquart's metal tweeters is this, they are a much more of a off-axis speaker, meaing they work better in th doors pointing away form the listener, versus in kick panels point at you...even with the lowest setting on the tweets its still too harsh for my tastes...

thogh I have to say, the mb quart Qs are some fanatastic sounding speakres regardless...with good tuning, a quality metal dome tweet can be made to sound just as good, but for me, since i prefer soft dome's sound to begin wtih, I would just go with soft dome...:)

but i hav never been impressed with the xplod or clarion speakrs in the past...

b

·
Registered
248 Posts
well, from my experience, i would definetly go with mb quart. then clarion then sony xplod, thouhg I am not sure about hte new clarions, havent heard them.

the thing with mbquart's metal tweeters is this, they are a much more of a off-axis speaker, meaing they work better in th doors pointing away form the listener, versus in kick panels point at you...even with the lowest setting on the tweets its still too harsh for my tastes...

thogh I have to say, the mb quart Qs are some fanatastic sounding speakres regardless...with good tuning, a quality metal dome tweet can be made to sound just as good, but for me, since i prefer soft dome's sound to begin wtih, I would just go with soft dome...:)

but i hav never been impressed with the xplod or clarion speakrs in the past...

b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts