Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
912 Posts
That would be an awesome upgrade, but what switch makes them fold in and out? Also is it true (I read this in this forum somewhere) that those wont have the heated mirror option. But still having power folding mirrors would be slick :2cool:

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
SBWooder said:
That would be an awesome upgrade, but what switch makes them fold in and out? Also is it true (I read this in this forum somewhere) that those wont have the heated mirror option. But still having power folding mirrors would be slick :2cool:

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory
no they can have heat option as well, the switch is right below where the heated button is for ours but the whole master switch assembly is on the wrong side, so u would need to make a new switch just for these somewhere else, or get the jdm master switch wire it up and reach across ur car to press it

· Registered
3,484 Posts
i already looked at that. its a relist. it was listed over a week ago and didn't sell. you will need the switch and the folding mirror relay. good luck on finding the switch anywhere unless you get lucky.

also, if you do find the switch, there is no way it is going to fit in your driver side door panel. it is made for the passenger side of the car (since its from a JDM legend.)

that is all.

· Banned
3,429 Posts
haha frantinez got ya there buddy.

but the power mirrors do have functionality. some streets in japan are very narrow and you can press the button so that your mirrors dont rub againt someone else's car. their parking spots are very narrow and the mirrors serve the same purpose, to allow you tp park easier, not to mention squeezing into a tight garage.

so those mirrors provide form AND function.

· Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Blackend said:
What good are folding mirrors if you don't have enough room to open your door??? :D

Must be a lot of Japanese people sitting inside their cars in cramped garages... :giggle:
A friend of mine lived in Tokyo Japan for a few years, and he said that a Legend cannot get around very good in some of the back street areas because of the width of the car.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
i don't think the mirrors are foldable for the purpose of parking becuase like mentioned already, you couldn't get out of your car if you had to park that close. the mirrors exist with the folding option for when you park your car along a street for example so trucks or other larger or wider vehicles don't knock your mirrors clean off.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
its way cool when i climb in a LS 430 and they fold out and i think to myself .."boy if i saw a legend sedan do that...dang!"

its just cool :bowdown:

· 805 YO
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My moving volume knob always makes my friends do a double take with a "?" It gets em every time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.