Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
awww commonnnn biggs, we KNOW you got all the rubber measured... give it up!... just kidding... That is ALOT of work. If anyone does measure anything, put it out so we all can team up and fix up.

I'll do the front and rear swaybars next time i'm under my L...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I kinda planning on ripping my entire suspension apart this spring when I got the car out of storage.

Maybe we can work something out with Energy and I'll send them all my bushings and they can match them up. That way Energy would be able to put a kit together.

Maybe then we could arange a group buy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THATS A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think thats an excellent idea. Keep us posted on it progress. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Idea

I was thinking,, If we all team up and buy it from the dealer and then send them to energysusp. Then we can do a group Guy.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: Idea

TALRUDEBOY said:
I was thinking,, If we all team up and buy it from the dealer and then send them to energysusp. Then we can do a group Guy.
Now that sounds like a smart idea. I'm in for $20 for the orig. dealer purchase. If we got like 15 or so G1 owners, we ought to knock it out without much $. Lemme know who/where/when...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Are there any diffrences with any bushings from the 86-88 Sedan and the 89-90 suspension? If so, then we gotta get both. Obviously if we get a set of coupe bushings, we got 89-90 sedans covered. But as for the most of the time, us with the 86-88 sedans get left out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
TALRUDEBOY - Thats an AWESOME idea!

I'm in for helping out with the cash.

Now all we need to do is put a parts list together and contact Energy with our idea to see if they will do it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
sweet...

I'll pitch in...I do want to make sure all G1's are covered though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have to call acura

I am so busy during the day but I will try my best to come up with a price and part #s for the parts.

I might as well go for

A. 1986 2dr legend to 1990
B. 1986 4dr legend to 1990
C. 1991 2dr legend to 1995
D. 1991 4dr legend to 1995

I beleave the part #s would be the same for
A AND B

C AND D

BUT,,,,,,,,, with Acura/honda you never know. I will hunt them down. I know when I checked out this kit for an 1988 honda accord it had to be special ordered! (not in stock) So we will see.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Got some info

I actually called Acura today.

I told him I had a 1989 Legend LS.
He said there is no bushing Kit available for the Legend.

However, I can buy them on by one.

HERE ARE SOME PRICES

FRONT LOWER ARM 26.32 EACH SMALL
FRONT LOWER ARM 19.28 EACH LARGE
RADIUS ARM 2 ON THIS PART 7.48 EACH
CALLAR ROD 6.28 EACH

ADJUSTER 17.38 EACH
WASHER 8.88 EACH
2 NUTS NUT1 INNER 1.04 NUT2 OUTER 3.48.

These are per wheel (One side of the car)

All this times 2
$89.10

Wait,,, I know I am at least missing 3 parts. I am not sure but the important fact is this kit is cheap! For the front of the car that is.

I would round it off to $140 for the whole front end.
All of us can bang that out.

If and just If we all can round up some cash we can buy the parts, send it to the other guys and make an kit out of it.

Who ever has that service manual please double check these parts and tell us what is missing so far for the front of the car. I figure the front first and the rear last.

The next time I call Acura here in Long Island NY I want to have all parts ready and I will get the part numbers and grand totals.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Bushings Prices!

I ordered some last week for just the front.
I think I got the major ones.

2 bushing 12mm
2 bushing shock ABS
2 Boot for the tie Rod End
2 Boot for Ball Dust

2 of all because there is a Passenger side and drivers side.

So far $118.00

I still have other parts to get.

I will post a pic of some stuff.

I bought them because I need them but we should know exactly what we need to collect.
While installing I will Double check. I have some diagrams to scan that we all on the same page.
From what I can see We may need at least 6 more.
Washers not included.

I will keep you all posted

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was thinking maybe I should postpone my install date of friday for my bilstein/eibach's so I don't have to take everything apart twice. I must ask, for those who might know, what are the benefits of getting these?

Just wondering if it's worth it w/ especially with a new suspension. If this GB could happen soon enough, I'd definetly be in.

TALRUDEBOY, do you have the part #'s?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I do have the part #s
2 Boot ball Dust 51225-sd4-003
2 Boot for the Tie Rod End 53546-SHO-A01
2 12mm busing 51393-SK2-000
2 BSHING FOR SHOCK ABSOR. 51810-SD4-013

So far thats it!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Oh boy, I searched for the last 45 mins on the net for any posted sizes for our bushings (specifically, the front and rear anti-roll bar bushings), searched through my Hanes Manual...NO LUCK!:mad:

While I'm at work tomarrow, I'll see if I can find anything in our catalogs and listings (I kind of doubt it). Either way, I'm just going to wait on getting these bushings until maybe a GB gets moving. I'm down to help out the orig. dealer purchase, just let me know how to help, thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been off the board for a while but this is a great idea. I would also be willing to purchase a set.

I would not go the "pull of the car and measure" route though, the bushings tend to be pretty trashed by now. I like the purchase from the dealer option and would chip in to acquire the right parts.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
More bushing!

I ordered some more parts and got them in.
2 Bushing for the stablelizer bar.
Part # 51316-SG0-010 9.28 each $20.14

So Far we are up to

That is for

(2) Bushing Front Stableizer Bar 51316-SG0-010 #15
(2) Boot ball Dust 51225-SD4-003 #1??
(2) Boot for the Tie Rod End 53546-SHO-A01
(2) 12mm Bushing 51393-SK2-000 #3
(2) BUSHING FOR SHOCK ABSOR. 51810-SD4-013 Cannot Remember

I will return to the shop with All part numbers and ask them to print it all out.

To Buy next, why not #14, #10? and all Washers.

</a>
Note the Lower controll arm comes with 2 Bushings for $140 ish.

After I get all the Parts, I will use them for me and Start a Group Buy so we can send them out to Energy Suspension.

Let me know if anyone interested.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was wondering, is it really all that neccesary to replace ALL of these bushings? I suppose it would if they're so badly worn you can't even align your front end anymore...but it seems that if you you're just looking for a performance and handling upgrade, the SWAY BAR bushings seem like they'll make for the best replacement upgrade.

Do you agree?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts