Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did you all pay for them? I was going to get my brakes replaced and was wondering how much they are in comparison to the factory rotors as well as performance pads versus the OEM. Also, I heard that Acura of Augusta has parts for Legends cheaper than most dealers, does anybody have contact information for them?

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
irmotors.com will give you the complete pricing deal...I'm about to order mine Friday...Prices aren't bad either

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Contact Mr Wood at [email protected] which I got my 4 CD/slotted Brembo rotors for $225+shipping last yr. OEM and non-brembosare crap and will warp under stress at extreme driving. Trust me, i've gone thru the OEM which they will charge you $400+, and other aftermarket rotors like powerslot that warped 6months after i put them on. As for pads, u can get Axxis, AEM, or EBC green stuff to use to break in the Legend's new rotors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Also, how hard is it to do the rotors/pads yourself? I had an old Jeep Cherokee that I put a new rear axle by myself including assembling the brakes but they were drums..... how will this compare? I am mechanically inclined but don't want to spend a whole day fooling around with it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
if i were you, id probably go with raceconcepts guy. supposedly he has somethin plated rotors that protect rotor from rust. the ones i got from irotors.com didnt have that plating and the parts of the rotor the dont contact the brake pads pretty much rusted the next day. quality is probably the same for both stores, but i would have gotten em from raceconcepts if i had payed some attention. not really a big deal, just would rather not see the rust when i look closely, ya know

·
Registered
275 Posts
silko82ny said:
if i were you, id probably go with raceconcepts guy. supposedly he has somethin plated rotors that protect rotor from rust. the ones i got from irotors.com didnt have that plating and the parts of the rotor the dont contact the brake pads pretty much rusted the next day. quality is probably the same for both stores, but i would have gotten em from raceconcepts if i had payed some attention. not really a big deal, just would rather not see the rust when i look closely, ya know
There's a group buy going on at www.groupbuycenter.com for raceconcepts and it lasts untl early May.

The rotors cost $230 plus shipping. I placed my order with Mr. Wood on Monday.

·
Registered
398 Posts
sucks, cuz i just got these rotors from irotors abou a month ago, and my money is going into exhaust, rims, and some other sh** for the summer

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
I got my cad-plated rotors from Elvis @ iRotors about 18 months ago and have had absolutely no problems with warpage or rust. He is great to deal with, too. FYI, you must make sure your lug nuts are torqued to no more than 80 lbs (OEM spec) or any rotor (OEM, Brembo or whatever) WILL warp.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Definitly contact Mr. Wood
tell him I sent ya

I do alot of business with him

Also, contact is JASON at Acura of Augusta Georgia

tel number is 1 800 736-6818

Your gonna love the Brembos

Regards, James

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
For the record on the rotor coating, Mr. Wood has his zinc plated, and Elvis has his cad plated. I lost Elvis' original email, so somebody input here since i'm not sure if he is actually w/ irotor.com.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
What is better, zinc or cad plating?
Doesn't really matter. Both protech the rotor from rusting. Heck, even regular paint would have protected it from rusting if you think about it. But anyway, I also got the CAD plated ones from Elvis last year. I only put them on about a week and a half ago, but so far they are getting better each day :) I already have over 300 miles on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.