Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How'd you do to wire the LED's so they light up and didnt give you the "brake light" warning sign in the dash?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I wouldn't remove the bulb then you will never know when a brake light is out. Tap into the 3rd brake light and purchase a resistor and it will work perfect.

·
Renaissance.
3,001 Posts
I wouldn't remove the bulb then you will never know when a brake light is out. Tap into the 3rd brake light and purchase a resistor and it will work perfect.
Dunno about you, but every morning before I leave, I hit my brakes. I then check the mirrors to make sure they light up on the garage door. Lights....check.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so what resistor do I need. I need exact values and information, not just hearsay.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
What this is, is a load resistor tricking the system to think the LED is a reg filament bulb. All you need is one and I'm sure you can pick this up at Radio Shack or electronics store.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You could do it with a resistor or do it the way I did, please don't just leave the third brake lamp hanging or remove the bulb from the cluster(that's just being lazy). What I basically did was change the relay box that goes on the light housing(third brake lamp has three relays and other has two because no third brake lamp) and tap into the wire which is hot when the brake pedal is pressed. Here goes the link to my post on th fix I did. Hope it helps
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/brake-bulb-indicator-repaired-117891/

·
C.K. El Presidente
517 Posts
This is how I did mine.

I extended the wire as needed and taped into existing harness or right brake light. I did not add resistors and it has never give me a problem....

I can take pictures if you need me to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts