Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter it approaching and I cannot do it now but I can start to get supplies...but this summer I am going to be painting my car either the stock green or the 98 Honda accord green. I am learning more to the Honda as it is a better color to deal with...

next I have a guy I am good friends with that paints cars all the time and he told me that if I get all the supplies together he will sand prime and paint it for free...as a nice favor he is doing for me.... :bowdown: but anyways back to the real question.... how much paint did you buy? I know I will over buy to be safe but how much? How much primer and clear coat did you buy? Do you have any recommendations on those three types of materials? he has all the tape and paper and gun and paint room....it's the paint primer and clear coat I have to find my self and get together before the summer.....thanks you guys your input good or bad is appreciated

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
You should just ask your buddy who paints cars. My car is the same color yours is and you are right about the color being hard to deal with, but when you paint it, just save the left overs for touch up paint. I like it as there really isnt another Honda, etc with the same paint color.

When you paint, you should take off all the trim you can, door handles, front and rear lights, bumpers and grille. This will make taping easy and will eliminate the possibility of accidentally painting your trim, etc.

You may want to look into getting the clear coat that gives added protection against rock chips, etc. It is more expensive, but worth it if you want to protect your new paint.

· Registered
348 Posts
You can get the primer that inhibits rust also, but its extra, I would say go to a small run paint shop,they usually have decent prices. Or you might find somethin good at a more chained paint shop.

PS If your buddy paints he should know all that stuff and should be able to get that stuff cheap. You shouldnt have to do anything but pay the bill.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yea he paints and stuff but part of giving it to me so cheap is for me to learn somethings in all this...and since i am not paying for labor or anything but supplies he wants me to look for the best and he said ask around....thanks for your imput though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.