Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GS Hog
Joined
·
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color does it show when your brake lights are lit? Is it still red (assuming that you didn't tint your taillights red of course)?

I'm mainly referring to anyone who has either smoked the lens or has had it tinted a different color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
LegendGS said:
What color does it show when your brake lights are lit? Is it still red (assuming that you didn't tint your taillights red of course)?

I'm mainly referring to anyone who has either smoked the lens or has had it tinted a different color.
I didn't tint mine, but I did paint it red. But to answer your question, yes the taillights will still light up red, because the smoke paint you use should be a transparent black paint. Do not use opaque paint, the lights will not shine thru.
 

·
GS Hog
Joined
·
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... Interesting... Thanks! :)

So, in other words, a clear bulb behind a red lens will show red, and a red bulb behind a smoked or other colored lens will also show red?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
LegendGS said:
Hmm... Interesting... Thanks! :)

So, in other words, a clear bulb behind a red lens will show red, and a red bulb behind a smoked or other colored lens will also show red?
Yes, it will show the color of the inside part of the lense. That's why when I painted the turn signal red from the inside, it blinks red now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,606 Posts
WhiteLegend said:


Yes, it will show the color of the inside part of the lense. That's why when I painted the turn signal red from the inside, it blinks red now.
im about to paint that orange strip red on my car u took your light apart to do this?? do u reccomend this or was it more of a hassle then it was worth?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
Roger said:


im about to paint that orange strip red on my car u took your light apart to do this?? do u reccomend this or was it more of a hassle then it was worth?
Yeah, I opened up my tail lights to paint the inside. The benefits are that the outside will still stay shiney and smooth like the original.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
ANyone know where I can find a paint like the transparent candy apple red that I saw at Michaels...only black?
 

·
Old S*hool Member
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
WhiteLegend said:


tester's candy apple red transparent paint. Meijer or Michael's has them in the car model section.

I baked them in the over for 10min at 250.
I'm about to try this, but I have a couple questions:

1. Did you preheat the oven to 250? or just turn it on and throw in the lense right away, then wait 10mins?

2. how many coats of the red paint did you put on the inside of the lense??

I have the paint and I'm gonna try it this afternoon so please reply asap!

Thanks,
Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
Octane said:


I'm about to try this, but I have a couple questions:

1. Did you preheat the oven to 250? or just turn it on and throw in the lense right away, then wait 10mins?

2. how many coats of the red paint did you put on the inside of the lense??

I have the paint and I'm gonna try it this afternoon so please reply asap!

Thanks,
Dave
1) Preheat the oven, then stick it in for 10mins

2) I did 3-4 coats. Don't do too much, it might get darker than the rest of the taillights.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top