Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHats up? does anyone know anything about these the SVT Focus? like how fast they are? do you all think it should be able to beat the legend. i was kinda racing a modded one last nite, from about like 25mph till about 90 mph and we were pretty much even. then this tool starts yelling over to me to see if i wanted to race for money. do you think i shouldve done it? i have a mostly stock 91 5 speed coupe

·
Registered
332 Posts
You realize that Steeda is a Ford tuner and SVT is the performance division of Ford right? Two separate companys.

The SVT Focus sounds like a hot little car. Grassroots Motorsports had a great article comparing the SVT Focus to the new Civic Si, Sentra SE-R V-Spec, Mazda Protege MP3, and VW GTI 1.8T. They spoke very highly of the Ford.

No idea how you woulda faired against that particular Focus. There are plenty of people out there building very fast Focuses now.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so whats is steeda? dudes focus has STEEDA engraved in the lowere part of the back bumper, and also had the SVT emblem on it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Steeda is an independent tuning house that usually works with mustangs as their main business. They are in the Same category as Saleen, and Kenny Brown etc. It seems as though the person started with an SVT Focus as a base and add on and change different parts. Intakes, exhausts, body kits and a whole range of parts are all avail. for the focus from Steeda. Starts with 170 hp, so its decent out the door.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah come to find out a buddy of mine knows this guy wth the focus he has alot of engine mods including a Jackson Racing Supercharger too (250+ hp):eek: so i dont know if he wasnt pushing it all the way on out little run but either way i feel better about that now..

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea SVT focuses are fast. They were reviewed by Sport COmpact mag and they compared the focus with the RSX. good thiing u didnt do it for money

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Acurate420 said:
yeah come to find out a buddy of mine knows this guy wth the focus he has alot of engine mods including a Jackson Racing Supercharger too (250+ hp):eek: so i dont know if he wasnt pushing it all the way on out little run but either way i feel better about that now..
In the April issue of Car and Driver they did a review on a Jackson Supercharged Focus, it was pathetic. It gained like 1/10 of a second in the 1/4 and that was it. A total waste of money. Whre did you hear 250+hp????

·
Registered
456 Posts
YEAH THE FOR FOCUS SVT HAS 180 HP STOCK...I HAVE A BLACK FOCUS ZX3... THATS MY NEXT WEPON:D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NickD, whats up man... i was just searching the internet on info about the focus svt specs and i came across a car review link that reviews and discusses the focuses and one thing it said if you really want alot of power " for an extra 4 grand you can add a jackson racing supercharger which will increade the hp to 250"....im gonna try to find the link and post it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts