Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
no the legend would take them all. It has a 200hp V6 but with like 170lb ft of torque or something like that. I dono about the probe Gt but i beat one pretty bad on the highway

·
Registered
397 Posts
And that's just a type I. Type II's have 230hp stock, DAAAMN! I need to upgrade my engine :( .

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
The fifth gen accord v6 had the same engine as the G1 Legend.

The 6th Gen accord has 195 torque. 200 HP. About 3200 lbs. The only reason why I can think of Type I Legends being faster is the gearing. 4th gear is definitely taller on the Accord.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I've raced about 10 v6 accord now and all of them got smoked. Most from freeways, and couple of them from a stoplight. I gained 2 car lengths immediately in 1st gear in my 6 speed.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
True story

3 years ago, working at night, right?
Ok, This one guys at work had a last gen Probe GT V6/24V
He was talking all this junk outside with his crew about my car. They were obviously smarter than him. They told him to chill out, but he was hot headed and came over and told me he'd dust me anyway anyhow.I asked what he had, and then he said he'd dust my car cuz it was old and heavy.:confused: :rolleyes:

Me, I said bring it on.

ANy of you ATliens know where Frontage road is in Forest Park, well that is where it began and ran all the way to Lakewood Freeway (166).
We came down the hill, and I let him pull up to me and we did a rolling start ( no lites and cars behind us) and left him in a cloud of beautiful Potenza Smoke!!! Left him several car lengths back and came to the light. (Car is stock now)

Got on I 75 , and we took off. I raced him to 120 and embarassed the crapola out of him. When we pulled up on ol 166 he told me he had NO idea these cars run like that....BTW, his friends CLOWNED HIM ALLLL NITE!! THey said it looked like he was standing still..BTW, he had a 5spd!!

Accords, no contest.
I even drove a good friend of mine's 2002 V6 coupe...quick, but no torque, especially over 70mph...felt like an American made car, like a Gran Prix...no roar, no character, no push back in the seats like the Legends do.

Just there.

KEEP YOUR LEGENDs

Sorry so long

·
Registered
231 Posts
A friend of mine had a little Passat, and he always talked about how he thought he could beat my (then stock) Legend, because it had turbo. Well I must have killed that little ***** about 15 times, several with him gettin head starts. HAHA. Anyway, he always said "Wait till I get my Accord V6, then I'll take you down!" He thought he'd have me, because it's a VTEC engine, and its a coupe body. But oh how wrong he was. The 92 Legend sedan tore his ass apart like a rowdy inmate. These little punks have to be set straight every now and then, am I right?:D

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've driven 4 6thgen accords

2 were v6 coupes and I think they would be even to my 93autocoupe. I know the 30hp diff, but thats what it feels like to me. they should have made a manual for that car back in 98' that would bring it under 7 secs 0-60 for sure. and more aftermarket would be availabe,but that would have killed off prelude even sooner, having only handing in its favor.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I intruded on a race between a moded GSR, a late model Accord V6 Coupe, and a stock Vigor once and I must have beat them by at least 2 miles :) There is a long stretch of road going up the mountain through a tunnel here in Hawaii. It is about 5-6 miles long going pretty much all up hill on a fairly stright road before it hits the tunnel. Anyway, the GSR was really smoking everyone, and was literally playing with the other cars by slowing down a bit to let them catch up and them puching it again. This went on with me trailing behind for the first part of the road as there is traffic lights to we often had to stop or slow down. Finally, when the we clear the last light, they all take off and I know they are intending to run WOT for as long as they can. It is a two lane highway, to the GSR is pulling away in the left lane followed by the Vigor who is trailing real fast. The V6 Accord Coupe was next to the GSR at the stary in the right lane and was at least almost keeping up for the first 2 gears maybe (up to about 60 MPH), I was following the Accord and had to wait untill we cleared the Vigor so I could change lanes into the left lane and overtake the Accord. In the meantime the GSR is atleast 3 cars length s in front by now. By the time I over take the Accord and pass the GSR at about 80-85MPH we both have about 3-4 cars over the Accord. Both of us stand on it and I he while I pass him and am starting to pull away, he is hanging around until I hit about 115MPH where I keep pulling strond and it seems like the GSR is starting to loose some steem at about 120MPH. Remember this is going up hill. I finally hit about 136-7MPH as indicated on my speedometer where I ran out of steam at WOT in 5th gear (4th gear was already redlining) and I can see the GSR waaaaay back about 2 miles behind and the Accord Coupe still only a short ways behind the GSR. The Vigor was no where to be seen, and this is a stright road where you can see a long way back and forward. This highway goes on for just under 10 miles. About 5 miles to the tunnel, 1/2 mile of tunnel, and about 2-3miles after the tunnel before we hit populated streets again. Now I know the Accord and GSR are still well above 100MPH and so I can only assume they are still at WOT otherwise why bother right? Anyway, at the time my car was bone stock other than my 17" rims. On the seldom time I do race, I love to do it when going up hill. It seems like all those GSR's and Civic Si's all run out of steam at about 110-120 while the Legend pulls really strong right up to around 130 MPH going up hill at least. Anyway, during that time, my wife and I was renting a town house where the outside uncoverd parking lot where I parked my car was near a road that was just off the main hightway we were just on. I actually had time to turn off that highway onto my street, pull into the parking lot where my parking space happed to be the 1st stall, reverse my car into the parking lot, turn off the car, and I waited for about 2 minutes and I finally saw the Accord V6 Coupe pass by goint fairly fast. The GSR must have gone another way as I didn't see him. Anyway, that is my most intense race story, and I'm sticking to it :) So, even a stock TYPE II 6-Speed can hold its own on even modded cars on the high end. A stock Accoed V6 and a Stock GSR IMHO under those conditions would have absolutely no change against a stock Legend if the race was for any fair amount of legnth and at high speed. In the 1/4 mile I can see them being much closer though and even being a drivers race.

·
Registered
282 Posts
how much horsepower does the legend type I have at the wheel? im thinkin of racing my friends' maxima, its 2001 automatic with 220 HP, but it only has about 190 HP at the wheel.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
HurricaneLegend said:
whoops that ***** was b i t c h
HurricaneLegend, that is the second time you have done that, cut it out or a ban will occur in your future...I put a language filter on here for a reason...:confused:

·
Registered
702 Posts
i also agree, the legend would whoop the ford probe anyday and also the accord v6. the only one that would be any sort of a challenge is the accord v6 but almost always legend will beat it. i've raced plenty of accords and whooped every single one of them...best time was when i was at a light in my legend and there was an accord v6 next to me at the light, and straight ahead after about a 1/4 mile the lanes merged into one...and i could tell by the way the guy was holding the wheel that he wanted to race. well, i had two other friends in my car too and he had none in his and we went at it at the light....at the low end speed in the first couple of gears i had him but he was keeping up...but when we approached like 45 or 50 mph that's when my legend just took off and left him in the dust so he ended up having to merge behind me and then i slowed down cuz race was over...and then that fool started tail-gating me all pissed off...so i was bout to jump out and fight him if he didn't back off my bumper...instead i just floored it again and left him way behind.

yeah, a legend should whoop an accord any day :)
a ford probe is NO competition at all and a joke!

and i agree with HurricaneLegend that these punks driving everyday accord thinking they got something when they are badly mistaken have to be set straight every once in a while :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
2001 accord is NO CONTEST, I have raced two, a sedan and a coupe, both v-6, and have personally drive one for about a week. those cars have NO bottom end, when the engine spools up pat 4500, they come alive and do decently well, but the legend has similar characteristics, it alsod doesnt do that well bottom end, so the accord cant pull ahead from the start, and then when both cars get up to speed, the legend still pulls away. i think those cars do stock 0-60 right around 8 seconds...

as for ford prove GTs...that is a slightly different story, with a really competant driver, a gt 5 speed can definetly give a legend a run...the problem, of course is, that if both cars have similar acceleration stats, and one is an auto and the other a stick, the stick car usually have no chance in the real world :)

by the way, has anyone here raced a type I versus a type II? same set up?

b

·
Registered
248 Posts
ford probe gt tested in 1992 by C&D

0-60 7.1
1/4 15.6 88

honda accord coupe v-6 motor trend

0-60 7.6
1/4 15.9 89

1991 legend (not sure auto or stick)

0-60 7.3
1/4 15.7 90

b

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
DaTimez420 said:

and i agree with HurricaneLegend that these punks driving everyday accord thinking they got something when they are badly mistaken have to be set straight every once in a while :D
I'm a punk.:)

Things I like about my Accord:
Styling.
Decent power, great for getting around town.
1 piece headlights
better gas mileage than Legend.
Comptech makes headers for it, better aftermarket in general than Legend.

Things I don't like:
Fit and finish.
Plastic interior.

It would be fun to have one of my friends drive my Accord and race the Legend.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ahh, EK...I saw that you got a 99 v6 accord coupe...with all honesty i think those are sweet. The design is so nice and I've seen some really hooked up late model accord coupes. What i was referring to was accord sedans. I've seem some really bad ass accord coupes...late model of course...not too much of a fan of the previous accord coupe style cuz it looked pretty much like a sedan with two doors....but coupes...nice. :D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I don't race Modded Accord V6 Coupes anymore... too dangerous. I've raced two and won twice but not without bad results. the first time I had 2 buddies with me and this guy in a silver V6 coupe with exaust, rims, and who knows what else picks a race with me and I shut him down bad 3 times in a row. So what does he do? He tries to run me off the Jersey Turnpike :(

Recently I raced another once, silver as well up on the NY Thruway, he was playing around so I cought up to him, glanced over, he hits it, I hit it I pull away from him and let off. He comes up on my ass and starts riding my ass flashing his brights at me. Then cuts some guy off in the middle lane to get up next to me and flip me off. He then continues to whip in and out of traffic cutting people off... WTF?!

I've got no need to proove anything againt any V6 Accords so I will no longer bother, unless I am on a drag strip ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts