Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really liking Ford's lately. I like the newest redesign of the mustang. The expedition, f-series, and five hundred I am impressed with also.

I havn't driven any of these but from an exterior visual p.o.v. I like them.

Anyone agree?

·
Registered
885 Posts
They're all great. The new Mustang kicks major ass. I'd say it handles better than a 3 series BMW. The FiveHundred is awesome. Get AWD and the CVT, that car is awesome. A bit underpowered, but that's what the Duratec 35 is for next year.

·
Registered
200 Posts
if you really wanna be wowed buy a datsun. :bowdown:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I saw the new 500 hundred on the road, it looked really nice with hids and cool looking rear lights. Finally ford picked it up, too bad I still wont buy one. I will rent one though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i was alongside a new dark red mustang on the highway one night and couldnt take my eyes off it. the rear window area looks a little off though. the concept that was out a few years ago looked even better, too bad they didnt stick closer to it.

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
so with the release of the new body styles do you guys think ford will be able to sell more units? as of a couple days ago ford and gmc are cutting production and toyota was breaking their foot off in that ass according to that article.

i love the new mustang styling and have yet to see a 500, but id like to see ford back up there

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
Didn't I read somewhere that Ford can't seem to give away the 500? I think Ford is in deep do-do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
duck said:
Didn't I read somewhere that Ford can't seem to give away the 500? I think Ford is in deep do-do.
Yeah you read it correctly. I test drove a Ford 500 myself just to be objective. It's basically a luxury Taurus (gag). The handling reminds you more of a Buick and the acceleration is lacking. An all-around disappointment of a car that appears to attract more attention from the Geritol demographic.

With that said, the future of Ford may improve over the long haul. Although they have cornered the sport-coupe market with the redesigned Mustang and the Ford GT, the company still lacks a marquee family coupe that appeals to all bases. This is why Chrysler is leading the way with their new designs, despite their dubious reliability recod.

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
KNARF'S LEGEND said:
Yeah you read it correctly. I test drove a Ford 500 myself just to be objective. It's basically a luxury Taurus (gag). The handling reminds you more of a Buick and the acceleration is lacking. An all-around disappointment of a car that appears to attract more attention from the Geritol demographic.

With that said, the future of Ford may improve over the long haul. Although they have cornered the sport-coupe market with the redesigned Mustang and the Ford GT, the company still lacks a marquee family coupe that appeals to all bases. This is why Chrysler is leading the way with their new designs, despite their dubious reliability recod.
from what ive seen of it, it just looks cheap as hell on the inside...i thought after acquiring Aston Martin, Jag, and Lincoln, Ford would have an idea of how to make a luxury car lol

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
The new F150 aint bad for a truck. (Throws that in incase uncle reads forum)

I love the new look of the Mustang. I have always loved the look of the late 60s Mustangs and I think going "retro" on the new mustang was a great idea. I saw a gray one on the road the other day and it looked great. I also saw a green one in person at an auto show-the color sucked.

·
Registered
200 Posts
lol i aint hatin.. my grandpaw still drives his around.. except we put some mustang gt emblems on it and then some chevy ss ones.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Ford is trying i will give them an A for their effort but they just can't seem to appeal to the youth in america anymore. i recently got a 2000 E.B. Expedition (after 2 accidents in 2 months i need my daughter to be safe) and i like it but if i could have gotten a tahoe, navi, or an escalade i would have. but for the price and the space it was the best value, and i need to save money for my bike. i saw the 2005 stang in the showroom it was nice but the sticker was 37,500. i would rather get a used supra, nsx, or vette for that price. the new f-150 is really nice but with 23" rims what are you really going to haul. it looks like a luxury truck not a work truck. i saw the 2005 limited expedition it was nice but the sticker was 45,700 for a ford? please i could get a 2003 navi for 22,000 missed out on that deal.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
i was looking at a grey GT with nice rims and it was a stick and the sticker was 35,500 not 37,500 damn typing! they might start at 25000 but that is like saying you can get a kia for 5995. in atl the prices are probably higher becasue of the clientel they expect to be purchasing the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.