Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/national/12shiite.html?ex=1103814600&ei=1&en=eb3de1d7cc8a90e0

That is Hamed Afshari's family, he is on here as hakeemdream34.

Somethings in this country are really f***ed up......."Patriot Act" take away all of our freedoms and civil liberties that this country was founded upon. Taking away the jobs of these innocent hardworking middle-aged family based people is helping our country how????

Sorry to hear this bro. :( Hope everything works out for the best for you.

-Imran

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
Ugh, I hate people that sue big companies, but this is one of those times that a company should have to pay A LOT of money to his family for wrongful termination. Especially, since it seems like it's based on a racial issue. Hopefully their lawyers have their stuff together because it's tough to prove. My buddy went through something like this last year.

Good luck to you and your family Hakeemdream34

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
I support the Patriot Act, I feel like it does make us safer. And until now, I have not known anyone (or known anyone who knew anyone) who was affected adversely by the Patriot Act.

I have read some sad stories about it. There was that poor guy in NY from Pakistan who was working his arse off delivering pizzas and doing odd jobs in Buffalo...He wrote so many letters (which were used as evidence by his lawyers) to his family and friends (who he was supporting and trying to get over here) about how wonderful the USA was. Well, he was out taking pictures at a local lake, and it turned out that lake was also a reservoir. So here you have a Pakistani dude taking pictures around a "critical" facility, and some rent-a-cops saw him doing it...He got arrested and deported in less than a month. There has to be some oversite to the process.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
the patriot act shouldn't be removed, but it defiantly needs to be revised to allow more checks and balances in its final decisions on matters like these.

reminds me of the inquisition in spain. kick out all these people based on religion and race, and what you have left is a lack of skilled workers. economy declined, and pretty much the fall of spain followed.

of course this isn't as bad as the inquisition, just little things that history should have taught us.

EDIT: i hope everything gets better now with this national article out. i'll let my friends know about this, and i hope some major progress is made in your case. best wishses

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
if you are actually afraid of terrorism, im sorry for you, it all just a damn fear tactic, totally contrived
I agree. Just ask those 3,000 people who were in the World Trace Center towers a few years ago...I cannot begin to imagine how contrived it felt that day.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
if you are actually afraid of terrorism, im sorry for you, it all just a damn fear tactic, totally contrived
i don't see much wrong with fear. it's almost human nature to fear. my life is based on fear really. i fear getting paper cuts, i fear flunking out of college, i fear letting my parents down, i fear letting myself down, i fear death, i fear hell, i fear seeing my legend running out of gas on the freeway alone, i especially fear being involved in a terrorist attack.

i know there's a point where you can't let fear stop you from grabing a piece of paper, or getting on that freeway, but the fear is still there but it helps me not get that paper cut and be cautious of the world around me.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
PerzianKabob said:
i don't see much wrong with fear. it's almost human nature to fear. my life is based on fear really. i fear getting paper cuts, i fear flunking out of college, i fear letting my parents down, i fear letting myself down, i fear death, i fear hell, i fear seeing my legend running out of gas on the freeway alone, i especially fear being involved in a terrorist attack.

i know there's a point where you can't let fear stop you from grabing a piece of paper, or getting on that freeway, but the fear is still there but it helps me not get that paper cut and be cautious of the world around me.
I agree, everything in my life is acted upon fear, mostly the self-centered kind, however, it is the media who reports and makes claims about terrorists and how they are "in our backyard" and all that nonsense. Not to mention that the patriot act inifringes on our civil liberties! Once again George Bush's tactic for the election, spending money on defense making us think we are safe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you all for your kind words and support...

it is very hard to go through something like this...and everyday is a struggle...

and trust me...national attention is not as fun as some may think...now every major paper in the country wants a story, a follow-up, an interview, a couple more pictures...it's a pain in the ass...

and honestly the only thing that makes it bearable is the thought that maybe by my family going through this...will save many others from being placed in such an uncomfortable, and unacceptable situation...

it’s funny though how some people you viewed as a friend prior to all of this coming out…change on you, and they begin to think that “there had to have been SOMETHING”…and then they want to tell you their political views, on foreign policy and national security…

but they don’t realize that I am not talking about any of those things…I am just worried about my family, my poor mom and dad who worked so hard and put up with so much to get to where they WERE before all of this…

We are just like any other immigrant family who came to this country...we just want a normal, honest life...we just seem to have come from the wrong country and at the wrong time...but that is not something u can control...We are trying to set straight a mistake and to clear our good names. My family did nothing to deserve such this kind of treatment…

No matter what, you never let anyone talk about or disrespect your parents, at least that’s how I was raised…and it’s just sad to see your parents, your support, your fall-back plan, your strength in times of need, take hit like that and just look at you with eyes that are hurt and in pain…and there’s nothing you can do to help them…

I hope everything gets set straight as soon as possible…

Thank you all once again for your kind words, and encouraging thoughts…

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.