Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday evening I was at a spot where most import owners meet. I spotted a black g1 coupe with a set of white rims. The owners name is Ben and his coupe looks sharp although I would have installed the factory g1 spoiler instead of the touring type spoiler he has. His g1 was gold but he had the entire car painted black and it looks good the white rims really set it off not to mention the ground-control springs and the tokico struts he has installed. I tell you looking at that car move I can't wait to get my suspension set up and he told me with the set up he has the car handles like a dream. He dropped the front 2 1/2 inches and the rear is dropped 2 inches. He also has an intake and an exhaust set up on the car. Don't worry I told him all about the forum and the meets that are going to take place. Maybe we'll see him there.:D Oh one more thing he has a set of Kumho 225-40-zr17s the sidewall of his tires is about 2 inches in height and his car seems to take bumps very well we both jumped on our cars a little on the highway but we couldn't get on it much as one of his side markers flew off because of the wind and it not being mounted properly.:D TA TA FOR NOW.:D

·
Registered
583 Posts
congrats on the hook up bigs.
i think i saw another g1 in arkansas once... :D

My kumho's are a little smaller, but I love 'em so far... only about 200mi so far so, I'm not dedicated yet. Next time, I'll prob go with the 225s, but I'll know more after the drop...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mr. Biggs, hows it going. My tires are kumho, 225\40 18, i have axis seven rims. Yea, that next meeting you gotta post and i will be there. thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went back later taht night and found my corner. it was on the side of the road, pretty much untuched, i was happy, this time im putting it in right. Im about to get a front end. The Neo Buddy Club from a 90-93 Accord. It should fit, with a little custom work, i will tell you guys how it comes out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
its all semantics ... :D

yea, i "adapted" an existing bar/brace. not happy with it yet, but i'm gonna mod it further after the drop which (crossin my fingers) is wednesday.

if you want to see the bar look under the performance/mods section, i put up a photo a day or so ago...

·
Registered
583 Posts
mods, schmods, semantics...

vince = E-ra-tor
buk = I-fy-er

mod, that is...

although vince is also an I-fy-er .... <not responsible if that is a "bad" word in another language...
:D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: mods, schmods, semantics...

Bukowski=Legend said:
although vince is also an I-fy-er .... <not responsible if that is a "bad" word in another language...
:D
Well yeah, if you count the capless airbox. I also plan on making a rubber stop to keep my mirror from vibrating. :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: Re: mods, schmods, semantics...

vince said:

Well yeah, if you count the capless airbox. I also plan on making a rubber stop to keep my mirror from vibrating. :D
hehehe...i'm cryin...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Ridinlowlegend!!!!!!!!!!

Now why would you do such a terrible thing as to put the front of an Accord on your legend even if it is a new bumper piece. One thing I like about hanging out with other imports is that your rarely see a legend and if you do its a G2 which makes seeing a G1 coupe or sedan extremely rare. If your doing it to make your car stand out believe me when I say it was already standing out. Think about it how many G1 legend coupes did you see other than mine and when you see one with some serious mods on it and it still looks phat and can out-run alot of the well known imports now thats one in a million. Instead of trying to blend in I'm trying to stand out and being one of the VERY FEW G1 LEGENDS TO HANG OUT WITH A BUNCH OF WELL KNOW IMPORTS NOW THATS RARE. I seriously hope you keep the exterior of you car the way it is now because it is most definitely phat.:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NO HARM NO FOUL!!!!!!!

I'm sorry guys but, when I look at my G1 coupe I can't help but notice how graceful the lines of the car flow from front to rear. Being that the G1 coupe and sedans were hondas first attempt at building a first class luxury/performance car I can't help but think of my car as a classic and with the mods that I have already done and the ones I'm going to do it can only make my G1 that much more rare. When I look at my G1 coupe I see Clark Kent ( which is what I named my G1 ). To look at Clark Kent he seemed your everyday mundane kinda guy that everyone never gave a second look at but little did they know that under that mundane exterior was SUPERMAN the same with G1 legends little does the world know that under the overlooked exterior that the world has tossed into the wind ( except for us G1 owners ) is a car that CAN, and HAS OUT-RAN alot of todays socalled better brands. So as far as adding any type of mod that might disgrace my G1s exterior is a DEFINITE NO, NO I can only hope that the rest of the G1 owners can see what I see when they look at their car as well. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Bukowski = Legend

Bukowski - don't feel guilty for meshing yer grilles -I think this is a pretty low level cosmetic mod, I love mine.
Also, which mirror is vibrating, cos I've had that problem on both wing mirrors and there is a fix which allows you to keep the power function working properly. I tried to chock out the mirrors but it meant the adjustment was shizen.

email me if this is the problem and you want directions

rich

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Re: NO HARM NO FOUL!!!!!!!

Mr. Bigs said:
When I look at my G1 coupe I see Clark Kent ( which is what I named my G1 ). To look at Clark Kent he seemed your everyday mundane kinda guy that everyone never gave a second look at but little did they know that under that mundane exterior was SUPERMAN
LOL, that's funny :D
:::writes that down:::

I'm going to get a Superman Patch and paste it in front of my 90... hehehe j/k

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: Bukowski = Legend

89LCoupe said:
Also, which mirror is vibrating, cos I've had that problem on both wing mirrors and there is a fix which allows you to keep the power function working properly. I tried to chock out the mirrors but it meant the adjustment was shizen.
It's the interior rearview mirror. Wedging a piece of rubber in there ought to do the trick. I'm going to take a rubber eraser and cut a v shape in it to hold the bar that the mirror is on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts