Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been thinking, I have a Type I, btw, what gains could be made by slapping Type II heads on Type I block, I guess maybe I'd also have to swap the manifold... well those damn 4 banger guys have all the fun frankensteining, why cant we?

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
there is no difference between changing the whole topend from a TYPE II to a TYPE I bottom end or just throwing in the TYPE II from the very start.

At the time i didnt want to take the chance it not fitting since all the changes in the TYPE II were top end related. I tore apart a seperate TYPE II and a Seperate TYPE I, combined them together to form a TYPE II engine using the TYPE I block that i later figured out, is used in both engines and has no mounting differences.

~Hybrid

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
You must replace the intake. You can replace the heads entirelly with type II heads or convert Type I heads to Type II.

I am currently in the process of converting my Type I heads to Type II heads. The differences include different intake valves, a different cam and possibly a different rockerarm assembly.

I decided to rebuild my heads because I did a P&P on them about 2 years back. Of course I think I am going to go back on them and do a more agressive P&P this time around :D

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
NickD said:
You must replace the intake. You can replace the heads entirelly with type II heads or convert Type I heads to Type II.

I am currently in the process of converting my Type I heads to Type II heads. The differences include different intake valves, a different cam and possibly a different rockerarm assembly.

I decided to rebuild my heads because I did a P&P on them about 2 years back. Of course I think I am going to go back on them and do a more agressive P&P this time around :D
hey nic how much did that Level10 trans rebuild hit you in the head for. Did you buy the kit and have a shop rebuild the trans for you, or did you buy a newly rebuilt trans from Level10. and again how many bones did you come up off of for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.