Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He came over around 9:00 Pm to watch the Laker game.. Parked just down the street (very close). Just over an hour later we walked to his car to go pick up a pizza..

If you have ever gotten your car stolen you know the feeling.. At First he said , "Wait, I could have swore I parked here." Then we both kinda looked at eachother.. Then the cursing and yelling began..

I couldn't believe it, It had a clifford Avantguard alarm on it, No Glass was broken.. It was done by a pro for sure.. I guess it goes to show that if someone really wants your car they will take it no matter what kind of security you have..

The car was absolutley mint.. 97 with 50k.. Sad part is by the time we found that it was missing, It was probably being chopped somewhere in North Hollywood...

Worst part... NO COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE...

Man he's gonna be hurtin for a long time on this one...

Just thought I should let you guys know..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon Millette said:
****, that sucks.
I have been watching Gone in 60 Seconds too...but that is a different story

at worst case they tow your car.......does his alarm have that like 5 or 10 thousand dollar guarantee?
The previous owner of the car had the alarm installed. I do believe that the Avantguard comes with some sort of guarantee, but as you probably know, getting anything out of companies like that is a pain. He was going to call Clifford today but I have not heard from him yet..

·
Registered
655 Posts
**** that sucks

why is he driving a 20+ thousand car without comp.? That reminds me of the other day I saw a new model silver s600. I never seen one up close so I just had to get ouit of my car and check it out. So I go looking at it from all angles( doesn't look much diff. from s500 to me for 20-30k more) . It must been a good 3 min before I notice the camera lense in the back headrest taking my mugshot, I was like **** I hope the car dont get f!cked with after I leave.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
that sucks bigtime.

Los Angeles is why the rates are so high.
Y'all got some real winners down there.

:(

G

·
Re: **** that sucks

gen2c said:
That reminds me of the other day I saw a new model silver s600. I never seen one up close so I just had to get ouit of my car and check it out. So I go looking at it from all angles( doesn't look much diff. from s500 to me for 20-30k more) .
The S600 comes w/ ALL options that are on the S500 Standard. Automatic trunk relaese and close... Parktronic... Dual Chrome exhaust(sp).... Desiano(Sp) Series (optional) on the S5 or S6.. It the series that comes w/ special paint, Wood, and just about everything except the floor and the mats are covered in leather.. Even the trunk... oh and of cource the V12 engine on the S600...

·
Banned
2,260 Posts

gen2c said:
why is he driving a 20+ thousand car without comp.? That reminds me of the other day I saw a new model silver s600. I never seen one up close so I just had to get ouit of my car and check it out. So I go looking at it from all angles( doesn't look much diff. from s500 to me for 20-30k more) . It must been a good 3 min before I notice the camera lense in the back headrest taking my mugshot, I was like **** I hope the car dont get f!cked with after I leave.
WOW!!!!! a built in camera huh!!!! SHHHHHHH

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

gen2c said:
Thats exactly what I was telling him the very same night it was jacked.. He was planning on getting comp, and he was in the process of shopping around for good prices..

Yeah here in L.A and most big cities if you are young and drive a nice car, the insurance companies own you.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
**** sux. I know 4 people that got their civic si's jacked. One of them had a type r engine in it. Sorry to hear that though. Feel sorry for your friend. Where in LA did this happen? You mind telling me the cross streets?? I'm just curious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts