Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front brake pads need to be replaced and more particularly my rotors need turning. Is there anything peculiar about doing the front brakes? No ABS on mine. I will have to pull the rotors off to take them to be turned.

Any recommendations on brake pads - good quality but nothing fancy. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yah...

I'd like to see how to do this as well.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
After you get the car up and wheel off, there are 2 mount bolts in the back that hold the caliper. They're 14mm I think. Once you get that off, you got 2 phillips (that + screwdriver for my FOB's out there) head screws that keep the rotor in place. Take those off. Your rotor should come off.

As for the pads. Take old pads off. Reset piston, take shims off old pads. Apply something like brake quiet to the new pad backs. Put shims on. Allow to set. Put new pads in the calipet (might need to remove caliper mount *sliding calipers*). Remount caliper (with the cut rotor). Spray with brake clean (apply genoursly). That's the jist of it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any particular type or brand brake pads recommended? Do I use the old shim backing plates? Where does the anti-squeal compound go?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
The pads that most pple on the forums like is the Axxis Metel Masters. They're a nice set of pads. I also like the AEM pads. These are high performance pads. The antisqueal goes on the backing. As for the shims, you reuse the old shims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts