Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently - Octane posted about a guys who's hood would not meet with the bumper .... he made reference to the bumper getting caught on a a curb and pulling away from the fender...(happens to all of us I think)
I have this problem on my 1994 L sedan... do you have any suggestions on how to get it reconnected... there is a little black plastic "rod" for lack of a better word... and this "rod" seems to interlock the fender to the bumper.. this has come apart but I cannot muscle it back in and I don't know how to go about reconnecting - any help would be appreciated.
i have a picture i can email but I cannot figure out how to attaca a picture to a post.
Thanks,
Kaiser
1994 L- 60,000 miles, 100% Stock

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The Legend uses a slide bolt and a slide to affix the ends of the cover to the fender. Typically, when the cover is torn off or detached from the vehicle in the manner you depicted, the slide is broken. You need to remove the bumper assy in order to inspect the slides and reposition the slide bolts. The slides used to retail for under $9.00 each.

When you reinstall the bumper assy, instead of allowing the lower edge of the cover to mount over the engine splash shield, mount the splash shield over the lower edge of the cover. You may have to buy longer bolts and washers. This way there is no lip hanging down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys - here is a pic - i will try to unbolt the bumper and reconnect...
the slide does not appear to be broken.
thanks
madison

·
Registered
77 Posts
To remove the bumper's 4 bolts, you can reach 3 of them pretty easily, but the 4th (passenger side) must be reached by removing the turn-signal unit in the bumper (the 4th bolt is behind that). The turn-signal unit can be removed by using a phillips head screw driver from underneath the bumper (hard to see the screw but it is there). Once you know where the bolts/screws are, it is pretty easy to detach and reattached the bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.