Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Legend L I bought about 2 months ago and has 134,000 miles on it. The problem is when I drive it on the highway or over small bumps it feel as if the front end is loose. I feel it in the steering wheel.

Any ideas? Is this normal for legends?

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know how much that would cost to repair or replace?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
jmckell said:
I have a 94 Legend L I bought about 2 months ago and has 134,000 miles on it. The problem is when I drive it on the highway or over small bumps it feel as if the front end is loose. I feel it in the steering wheel.

Any ideas? Is this normal for legends?
I had this problem on my Coupe a few months ago, before NOPI.
The culprit was an outer tie rod end...$56.95 at NAPA, $45.00 labor. This fixed everytiing. Back to normal!! To inspect this, you need to jack up your car, both wheels off the ground (front) and try to wiggle the wheel in and out. The side that is stable is good, the one that wiggles is the "bad guy". Takes abouit an hour to investigate.

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how hard is it to replace them yourself? What brand would you recommend?

I just got back for the car shop and they also told me it was the tie rods. They gave me quote of $350.00 to replace both of them.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
jmckell said:
how hard is it to replace them yourself? What brand would you recommend?

I just got back for the car shop and they also told me it was the tie rods. They gave me quote of $350.00 to replace both of them.
ok, they are ripping you off!
I got mine from NAPA for less than $60!!
Labor - $45

That would equal two for about $210, $250 max.
Shop around...but don't wait too long....your wheel can POP off the car :(

If you have air tools, and a lift you can probably do it..but keep in mind this is dangerous so you don't want to go too long.
I am not sure if this is a DIY project...depends on your skillset....anyone else know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts