Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I don't get it. I went to Acura to buy my Front License Plate Bracket for my 95 Coupe.

It doesn't fit, it seems too short/small. I DID ask for one for a '95 Coupe. This one seems identical to the one found on our '94 Sedan.

Did the guy hand me the wrong Bracket? are they different for Sedan/Coupe? Or are they different for 91-93 and 94-95.. All I have is the P/N from the bag, it doesn't say what year/model car its for.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my license plate temporarily where you have yours 91LSMAN...with a custom bracket, but I dont' like it there, because to me it looks like a rabbit tooth hehehe.

Train:
the part# they gave me was 71180-SP0-A01. I just went to Acura Parts 24/7 and compared to their database, it shows it's for a Sedan. I looked up under coupe and it matched identical to the # you gave me.

*sigh* now I gotta drive outta my way tomorrow back to the $tealership so they can give me the right one >=(
I bet they wont have it in stock too!

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I have my license plate temporarily where you have yours 91LSMAN...with a custom bracket, but I dont' like it there, because to me it looks like a rabbit tooth hehehe.
I love it where I have it. All the oem bracket does is scratch the paint and get in the way and block the beautiful lines of the front end. But hey opinions are like... well you know the rest. :D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
smth_hckr said:
Doesn't it also block more airflow to the radiator when it is mounted under the bumper like that?
I wish that front plates weren't required here in WA state. :(
Technically it does, but I have had mine mounted that way for a long time and I never overheated the car. Now, I can't saw what the effect would be in 100+ degree weather in Arizona or other hot climate areas. In Hawaii we are generally between 84-90 degrees.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
ChrisK said:
Technically it does, but I have had mine mounted that way for a long time and I never overheated the car. Now, I can't saw what the effect would be in 100+ degree weather in Arizona or other hot climate areas. In Hawaii we are generally between 84-90 degrees.
I actually never thought about it. :)

Washington only gets one or two really hot days a year anyway. (Western WA that is)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've got mine hung under the bumper, like 91LSMAN, and even in hard driving, at 90 degrees with the AC on, my temp gauge never moves up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.