Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Im fedex Nigg*
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I just moved to the wonderfull state of Virginia and I cant get my car fully legal yet. I have never lived in a state that requires a front liscene plate and neither has my car. Ive gotting pulled over twice in the last week for not having the front plate. Ive gone to a couple diffent places and all they can tell me is I have to drill into my bumper. I think that is a load of carp and I wont stand for drilling into my baby. If anyone has any susgestions or anyways around this problem I would be in great debt. Thanks

· Premium Member
9,575 Posts
judensacrua said:
Ok well I just moved to the wonderfull state of Virginia and I cant get my car fully legal yet. I have never lived in a state that requires a front liscene plate and neither has my car. Ive gotting pulled over twice in the last week for not having the front plate. Ive gone to a couple diffent places and all they can tell me is I have to drill into my bumper. I think that is a load of carp and I wont stand for drilling into my baby. If anyone has any susgestions or anyways around this problem I would be in great debt. Thanks
theres a couple of people here (Patrick included, you know DAMN well he wouldnt drill his bumper lol) who have made custom plate holders that are removable, and easily grip the slats under the bumper instead of having to drill into it.

and NJ has that front license plate law too

· Im fedex Nigg*
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daddymac117 said:
(Patrick included, you know DAMN well he wouldnt drill his bumper lol)
:werd: LOL Right.
Yeah I was looking at those holes under the bumper but one of the plastic bracket thingys is broke off. I was thinking if I could get a magnet behind the bumper and then one mounted on a plastic mounting braket in front something like that but i will wait to see if somebody got something better.

· Registered
686 Posts
Join the club, three tickets in 4 months! But then this is NY! = BROKE CITY:mad:
Out of three two of my cars have the license plate holder, and of them is broken. So I need two of these things but dealer dont have them anymore. So just do what I did, hang it from the lower vents of the front bumper securely till you find a license plate holder or something homemade to put the plate on.

· Im fedex Nigg*
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for moving wasnt sure where to post :confused:

LegendGS said:
Yeah Im gulity I should have searched tsk tsk on me htanks though.

Luckly the cops have been cool becuz I keep telling them Im new to the state(though Ive been here for like 7 months) and they just tell me to fix it.
Ima try that L braket idea thanks.

· Registered Abuser
551 Posts
yea VA and MD, theyr anal about that stuff. i have some friends who put their plate on the inside behind the windshield in front of the shotgun seat. cops dont like that either but at least its better than nothing. i guess it depends on the cop

· mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
i still have my stock mount for the front plate if you would like that (its a lil rusted but will be fine with a lil cleaning)

· Registered
2,534 Posts
do you still have out of state plates on your car? just curious because i am going to be moving out of state soon and i know that they require front plates there. i don't plan on switching my michigan plates though so i am curious if i would still have to. were you required to switch your plates?

· Registered
19 Posts
judensacrua said:
Ive gone to a couple diffent places and all they can tell me is I have to drill into my bumper. If anyone has any susgestions or anyways around this problem I would be in great debt. Thanks
I just picked up a '94 and had the same problem, I'm in NY. I ordered the OEM bracket from www.acuraoemparts.com...I didn't realize I needed to order the clips to actually hold in place so I ended up buying some fasteners from Pep boys...anyway I got it on there with no drilling to the bumper...the cost was around $25 and I had it in 3 days.

I hate the way it covers the front bumper so I think I will flip it around like some of the others did... hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.