Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Come visit the Big Apple....They will hit you $55 a pop until you decide to put the front plate back on. Plates on the windshield don't count.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i'm pretty sure it's a law here in md too, but i've had my front plate off for almost a year now n no cops biting at my a$$, there was even an occasion where i got stopped on the highway, the cop went to the front to get my plate info n it wasn't there so he looked on the back n didn't say a word to me about the front plate, maybe that was just him being nice? but i dunno peace...holla back dunny

G

·
It's like an $80 fine here now for not having a front license plate, but since they stopped requiring that you have tabs on your front license plate they have stopped caring kinda. I haven't heard of anyone even getting troubled by the cops. I've never gotten stopped for it.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I went for about 7 years wihtout a front plate, then one day a cop gave my wife a ticket. Almsot a $70 fine. Since then, I put the plates back on both my cars, and decided to do a little something different for my 93.

G

·
Thanks dude, and Chris.... I did the same thing as you with drilling the holes underneath, it looked a lot better, but after a while I just got sick of it completely so took it off. It's a mod that is worth $70 or whatever to me if I get a ticket someday. At least that's the way I look at it.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Thanks dude, and Chris.... I did the same thing as you with drilling the holes underneath, it looked a lot better, but after a while I just got sick of it completely so took it off. It's a mod that is worth $70 or whatever to me if I get a ticket someday. At least that's the way I look at it.
I didn't even have to drill and new holes. I made a bracket that attaches to the OEM license plate mounts under the bumper.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
MC_ said:
Come visit the Big Apple....They will hit you $55 a pop until you decide to put the front plate back on. Plates on the windshield don't count.
$55 is just a parking ticket.

If you get pulled over for no front plate its $105

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
In Massachusetts two plates are required unless you registered many years ago during which for a short period of time (budget constraints) only one plate was issued. All of mine (including my Vette) have only one plate.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
bastids...i get bothered by policio too much so its a **** front plate for me breaking the cleanliness of my pride and joy

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hear ya, I drove without plates on the front for a year, then all of a sudden got pulled over twice in two and a half days. So, I have put it back on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
ChrisK said:
I went for about 7 years wihtout a front plate, then one day a cop gave my wife a ticket. Almsot a $70 fine. Since then, I put the plates back on both my cars, and decided to do a little something different for my 93.

ChrisK, I got pulled over twice in two days for not having a front license plate posted, and the ticket was $67. The second time was so close to the first time getting stopped so the cop let me go without warning or anything. So this weekend my mission was to get the plates on no matter what...and I ended up doing something like you did, I put the plate on the front fender, below the bumper. I used cable ties to tie it to the fender...but I see you have yours a perfect fit.

How exactly did you set yours up if you don't mind me asking???

How legal is this? I have no idea and I'm hoping some cop doesn't stop me and be a complete dick and say it should be only on bumper and not on fender.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I've never liked the way the license plate interrupts the lines of the legend, but even more, I hated how the holder would scuff the bumper a little. So, I flipped my license plate holder upside down and bolted them into their original mounting points with longer bolts.

·
Registered
702 Posts
LegendGS said:
I've never liked the way the license plate interrupts the lines of the legend, but even more, I hated how the holder would scuff the bumper a little. So, I flipped my license plate holder upside down and bolted them into their original mounting points with longer bolts.

LegendGS I like how yours look...so all you had to do was flip it over...what kind of bolts? just longer ones from hardware store or what?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts