Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey....im new to the forum.

I own a 94 Acura Legend GS Sedan. I've been having some problems with the OEM audio system. The two front speakers in the doors produce bad sounding audio, much like that of a tv with tuning problems. The sound from the rear subwoofer and tweeters are superb but the two front just plain ruins the music. I don't have a clue as to what is causing the problem.

The OEM cd changer is not working that great either. Sometimes it will play okay, and most of the time it won't even read any of the cds i put into it. and when it does, it always skips like 90% of the music. I've taken it out of the trunk to see what was wrong with it but can not find anything.

This one time, i took the changer in the house and left it by the heat vent overnight. The next morning, i hooked it up and everything worked great. But once the changer gets cold, it don't play. I don't know if the heat did anything to it or not? I don't know sh*t when it comes to audio and stereo stuff.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like just the normal oem "getting old" experience. Your oem system is going on 8 years old. Your changer doesn't sound to abnormal for one that old. It is going to play better if it is warmer. Most car audio does old or new. Are you planning on retaining the stock setup? If not start replacing starting with your front speakers or add a deck and front speakers.

The best place to find a good deal is Ebay, but if your not into that email me and I can give you some idea on price and what you may be looking for. I sell car audio on the side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the much needed info!!

I will try and see if i can get new speakers for the two front. I don't know a whole lot bout hooking up stereo systems and the like. So I will probably go with the stock OEM setup for now.

What two speakers for the front would you recommend to go with the stock set up?

I will probably try and get a new cd changer, the ones i've noticed many legend owners have switched to. Alpine with an adapter.

THanks again!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If you have the GS sedan... I think you have the premium system which runs on two ohms, so it would not be wise to mix an aftermarket4ohm speaker in there. You can... but if you have the money, try and get two more bose speakers. Acura will charge you an arm and a leg for them, but they are always on EBAY, and so are the CD changers. But if you want the ultiamate in simplicity, just stick with bose:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts