Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 LS, when I brake hard the steering wheel picks up a vibration or shimmy. Nothing is loose when I check the front suspension. Could this be the ABS causing the problem. CV joints, ball joints replaced recently. I had the front end aligned. Any ideas?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
I have the same problem and I know its warped. Now its time to buy a set of drill slotted rotors lol.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah I say warped rotors also, they need to be machined ($20 at a brake shop will do this, if you bring them the rotors). Or if they are already thin you have to replace them.

This happened on my 87L too, it was the rotors.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Most likely warped rotors. But a bent rim can also be a culprit. When I had my G1, I had the same vibration, changed the rotors and the axle but the vibration didnt go away. I learnt to live with it, when one day while getting new tires, the guy told me that one of my rims was bent. Got a replacement from the junk yard and the vibration went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.