Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· K L E A N M O D™
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

(where the oil is seeping.)

The deal: The coilovers are used. The front ones are leaking oil. The rebound on the shocks (dampeners are affected by this). To explain on bumps you can feel a bouncy ness to the front suspension. They handle great, really great.. :eek:

JIC USA said replacment dampeners are $180 each.

The rears are in excellent condition. Nothing wrong at all with them. Will sell the set for $500 Just to cover the cost of new konis/springs to put on my coupe. If you have a set of konis and springs ad are willing to trade + $$ let me know.

My take. the best coilover system for the legend peiriod. Handeling is next to none with Front/rear sways, MLS and JIC. The JIC's are very easy to install almost too easy do to the fact that they are 2 inches shorter than stock height.

So i'm looking at $500 + shipping for the set.
Or Trade for rear spring /Ground Control/Koni combo + $300 Dont really need front shock/spring combo.

· K L E A N M O D™
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon Millette said:
So you are going back to Ground Controls?

Car looks hot man - I am going to give you call tomorrow
Yeah one or the other. Looking to possibly sell the coupe. Good to see you at service ... :2cool: I PM u my #

· Registered
815 Posts
Joe,

I may be interested but I have a some Q's:

1. By replacing dampeners, will that stop them from leaking anymore oil?

2.What about the oil that has already leaked out, does it need to be refilled?

3. Can the oil leakage potentially and permanently damage them?

4. Also how long have they been used and these should be interchangeable with the sedan, correct?

· K L E A N M O D™
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be interested but I have a some Q's:

1. By replacing dampeners, will that stop them from leaking anymore oil?
By replacing you get brand new struts (dampners) The coilovers can be dissasembled. So that would rid the problem.

2.What about the oil that has already leaked out, does it need to be refilled?
If you could find someone who deals with suspesions, i'm sure they could be refilled. (probably would be eaiser fro you on the west coast.)

3. Can the oil leakage potentially and permanently damage them?
No since the part thats leaking (the dampner) can be replace all other parts are fine.

4. Also how long have they been used and these should be interchangeable with the sedan, correct?
They have been used for aprox. 4K miles. I got them in May from Grame Legend GS.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
PM sent......
not sure if you can see the entire PM or not i put one of these "<" in there and it cut it off i think

· K L E A N M O D™
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it is a good deal. Badintenions swooped these upt. They are sold. :2cool:

· Registered
441 Posts
hmmm didn't know that GC were able to do that.... cause what i know is what kH said... it will have to be drop atleast alil at top height on the coils..

but 2" danG that would be alil much for me... i guess i will be looking into the GC koni kit...

bl420 said:
i thought with coilovers you can keep your car at stock height if you wanted to? thats how the ground controls are

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.