Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mileage: 230,000
Body Style: Coupe Transmission: 6-Speed
Get a CARFAX Record Check

ACURA '93 LEGEND Coupe, 6 spd, 230K miles, runs good, $1800 b/o. 201-738-6909
Listing Source: Bridgewater Courier-News

This is in central/north jersey. I spoke with the guy this morning. It is a white coupe (owner seemed to be maybe in his 50's) with tan interior (Drivers seat has some rips). He said body was good except some rust behind rear wheels. He said he has owned it for about 7yrs since it had 160k. He had no idea on the t-belt so that is probably overdue. He said he has never had any overheating issues. He was not sure if it was an L or LS and I did not try to go further on that. He did also mention his son had used it for a couple of years..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought it for $800 from the second owner...:thumbsup:

Just as previously descirbed, the rust on the rear wheels is bad, so bad it will get cut out and replaced with a new fender....other than that they took great care of it, the paint needs clearcoated but it is immaculate. The front drivers seat needs to go the rest is in good shape. Everything works!!!:yes: and no overheating issues.

What sold me on the car was the clutch...damnnnn its smooth...
Happy as all hell right now....I already have a 94 GS black on black sedan...this is a nice addition to my collection....

My girl said why do you need another car with over 150K:wtf: .....She just doesnt understand:hide:

ill post pics when i get her here

·
Registered
29 Posts
hahah

I was gonna say thank you but i was so excited i forgot....

thanx look at it this way i would do it for you....hahaha

weird story the guy works with a college buddy of mine and they are great friends.....small world

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahah

I was gonna say thank you but i was so excited i forgot....

thanx look at it this way i would do it for you....hahaha

weird story the guy works with a college buddy of mine and they are great friends.....small world
I was only busting chops! Congrats and good luck with it. If I did not have my two coupes I would have ran to take a look at it since it was only about 40min from me. It is nice to know these cars can last when taken care of- my black coupe only needs 200k more to match your new '93 :) Of course I paid a tad more than $800 for it though...

·
Registered
29 Posts
are there any meets near you, i am only about 45 min from bridgewater. I live in allentown pa.

I have two legends now, i always loved these cars but couldnt afford one, now that i got some dough i got two.hahaha

the coupe drives alot diff than the sedan, altho i loooove my sedan. I figure ill drive both for the summer and then get rid of one...
I got the rarest sedan blk/blk GS 94 so i dont know if ill part with that

·
Registered
770 Posts
So is it an L or LS? Great price for a great car. Congrats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dont know, i was wondering if you guys can help figurng if it is a L or ls
I always thought that L was just the basic with cloth inerior, but this is not true in a coupe??
Anyway my coupe does not have TCS or heated seats, or courtesy lights, no spoiler on the back either. It adjust the seatbelt bottom every time you open and close the door, it also shuts the door on its own....:hitit:

my GS sedan has all the above but the spoiler, i believe that the trunk was replaced.

The sedan is a much longer car...It is much "easier" to drive. On the highway you make less adjustments to keep the car in the middle of the lane.
The coupe is a sports car, period. Luxury but it drives like a smooth sports car. Man when you squeeze this thing in first or second, it moves .....fast...

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's an L. The LS came with all the L trimmings plus heated seats, bose premium head unit(200 Watt Bose amp), automatic climate control, GS rims on the coupe, power passenger seater, burl wood (real wood) console and around door switches. There may be other things but this is all I can think of at this time.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For $800, if you drove it around for a year and it then it blew up you still made out.
When was the timing belt done last. Sounded like the owner did not have a clue and he had it for 70k miles.
We need some pics!

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
$800??? Daaamn:eek2: I paid almost twice that for my G1 5 speed coupe and it has a weak clutch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn you're a good negotiator i need to take you with me when i buy my next coupe!
when i was young my dad told me that you make money when you buys stuff, not when you sell it. To this day everytime i purchase something i remind myself of this. When I buy stuff anywhere, even department stores I try to talk the people down; its good practice AND you would be surprised how many people will work with you in any situation. Alot of peoople hate the places they work, or they are bored and the want to "bend" the rules a little. Try it!!!

But to be honest this time I knew this guy was going to sell it. his wife was giving him dirty looks like:"just sell it to this guy".

This is funny. I told him the car to ME is only worth 800-900. He said I want to sell it for 1200. So I drove away, he called me and said Ill take 900, then I said Ill give you 800. It helped that this was their 5 car and all the others were luxury imports. So like I said it was more the situation than the negotiating skillzzzzzzz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.