Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
So.....are they those trim pieces that are located underneath the front turn signals?

·
¿HöNdÄ LëGëNd¿
899 Posts
Yes, located exactly where the fog lights go.

Without them, you have large gaps in your bumper.

Oh man did you have to use my car as a model? Hahaha! Hey but without those covers my CAI works GREAT!

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
hey i know this is off topic, but i see that red sedan with the opening and the air intake... isnt it bad if the intake filter get soaked in water and or covered in snow?

the reason i ask is because i wanted to get a full intake kit like that...

·
¿HöNdÄ LëGëNd¿
899 Posts
hey man no worries on the pic i dont mind :) i was just messin.

and on the intake question ya it is bad so come winter time i take it off and just use my short ram, my cai consists of two tubes just put together to create a longer tube to create a cold air intake.

·
Registered
643 Posts
hey i know this is off topic, but i see that red sedan with the opening and the air intake... isnt it bad if the intake filter get soaked in water and or covered in snow?

we've been over this numerous times. yes it can be bad but the filter has to be COMPLETETLY SUBMERGED for it to ingest water into your engine. do a search this topic has been beaten to death.

bump for rare part in good condition! i would buy these for my granada black sedan but they are in too good of condition compared to the rest of my bumper. for now im sticking with the ugly holes until i get a new bumper haha

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
isnt it bad if the intake filter get soaked in water and or covered in snow?

we've been over this numerous times. yes it can be bad but the filter has to be COMPLETETLY SUBMERGED for it to ingest water into your engine. do a search this topic has been beaten to death.
Yup, and if you're that worried about it, research 'bypass valve'. Surefire defense against hydro-lock.

When your intake becomes submerged, the Bypass Valve immediately springs into action. It closes off induction from your main filter and reroutes the air flow through its external diaphragm.

bump for rare part in good condition! i would buy these for my Grenada black sedan but they are in too good of condition compared to the rest of my bumper. for now im sticking with the ugly holes until i get a new bumper haha
Thanks man...to the top!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
YGPM mikey

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
SOOOOLD.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts