Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I was browsing eBay the other day and came across these Legend wheels (not mine), and thought I should finally try and unload my old set.

I have a very nice set of stock wheels from my LS sedan that have sat in my closet since I got my refurnished coupe/SE set from Joe almost 3 years ago.

I'd like these sold to a local so that I can either deliver to or make a pick-up available.

All rims are in excellent condition, there's a small amount of minor rash on RR wheel as seen in pictures; the other rims are virtually flawless.

These are the 93-95 Sedan - 15", 16 spoke wheels, not to be confused with the 91-92 - 15", 20 spoke wheels.

All Factory wheels are 6.5" wide, +65 offset so these will fit all G2 Legends.

This set includes all 4 acura center caps as well.

\

Asking 300 (w/o shipping) OBO.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Am trying to sell a set of OEM wheels from my G1 coupe...not that mint but pretty good shape..no luck here either, lol...g'luck to you tho sir. Nice lookin set you got there.

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
Sure as shit beats what I paid for mine...

But the again, mine were literally brand new.

Good lookin' wheels: someone should throw down for these.

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
Mike mike mike... why. That one wheel, that single wheel. Its a shame. I would love new wheels and these are teasing me. But that one wheel is...RASHED! :mad: :no: :squint: Damnitall....

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike mike mike......that one wheel is...RASHED! :mad: :no: :squint: Damnitall....
. . .thanks? :uhh:

3 are fresh, 1 has minor rash...

All you need here is a replacement wheel or simply refinish the one with minor rash. = mint set.

...now my head hurts from thinking so hard, to the top!

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
bling baby...I need your honest word that these are NOT out of round...I've bought two sets of OEM's to find out both sets were out of round....I cant keep throwing good money after bad... I can't seem to find straight rims...

what is your lowest price shipped to me zip code 11360?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
bling baby...I need your honest word that these are NOT out of round...I've bought two sets of OEM's to find out both sets were out of round....I cant keep throwing good money after bad... I can't seem to find straight rims...

You have my word. These were taken from my car once I got Joe's refinished 7-spoke wheels. They've sat in my closet separated and wrapped up for like a year.

I actually found a couple more wheels in there along with a BRAND NEW, OEM 16-spoke wheel that I may keep and put a tire on to have as a spare.

I guarantee you that this will make a great replacement set, and if you refinish the one with minor rash, it'll be a near-mint set.

As for the shipping cost, I'll have to find out for you this week... soon as I find some boxes for them. :)

·
has left.
4,454 Posts

You might wanna ask your shop how they're determining wheels are out of round. When I sold the 2 OEM 16-spokes that I had left over (the other 2 were bent) I had the buyer call me and tell me the ones I'd sold him were out of round. He called me back after watching the shop spin them and realized the shop was testing for roundness wrong :(

There's no question with an older set of wheels, that finding a set that spins dead true is a difficult task but I'd be just as skeptical of the shop telling me the wheels were bent and couldn't be used as I would the condition of a wheel that looks to otherwise be in great shape.

Just thought I'd drop my experience in there :)

·
yippee-kay-yay!
193 Posts
You might wanna ask your shop how they're determining wheels are out of round. When I sold the 2 OEM 16-spokes that I had left over (the other 2 were bent) I had the buyer call me and tell me the ones I'd sold him were out of round. He called me back after watching the shop spin them and realized the shop was testing for roundness wrong :(

There's no question with an older set of wheels, that finding a set that spins dead true is a difficult task but I'd be just as skeptical of the shop telling me the wheels were bent and couldn't be used as I would the condition of a wheel that looks to otherwise be in great shape.

Just thought I'd drop my experience in there :)
What is the proper way to test for wheel roundness? Just put the wheel on the spin balance machine thingy? TYIA! :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts